Please help!!! Motherboard parts. Battery invalid/ battery communication error.

Reaction score
I keep having invalid battery come up on screen and motors will not work. But lights and camera all do. Checked the connectors. All fine. Opened it up and the internal power plugs port on motherboard had became detached and broke on one side . If I hold it down the message goes away and will let you start motors sand all as normal. Once started you release it it shows the "battery communicationwe're, fly with caution" message. Is there any where or anyway to get just the motherboard port to put back on. Or am I stuck with having to purchase whole new motherboard? Thanks!

I'm getting the same messages but haven't looked inside mine yet. I wish someone would give you some info. Just wanted you to know you are not alone. lol

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442961466.956674.jpg
this is what was wrong with mine. I got a two part conductive adhesive (instead of trying to solder). I have a new plug on order just incase that didn't work. But so far so good after it all dried. But I'm having gps maintenance error now come up. But buddy of mine said it most likely just needs put on PC and all re calibrated where I had it apart and in plugged and stuff. Haven't done that yet to know if that's the fix for that or not. But I'm no longer having battery messages tho lol

Looks like the same problem to me. Where did you get the new plug and does it just clip of solder in? This is not a photo of mine but I just wanted to show you the plug. Mine actually came loose from the board and not just unplugged.

Attachments

• Screenshot (680).jpg
    Screenshot (680).jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 976
Right... If u look up at my pic. The plug on the left u see raised is what my prob was. And it came loose off of the board.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442965693.486957.jpg
. This is the pic @J Dot sent me to help me out. I just googled it and found it. It was about under $2 us. But I 2 part epoxied with a electrical conducive adhesive to re join it instead of even attentions to solder it

Looks like the plug is my problem also. This is not a shot of my actual plug. Mine has come loose from the board. Where did you order a new one and how does it fasten to the board. It doesn't look like it is soldered.

Attachments

• Screenshot (680).jpg
    Screenshot (680).jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 633
I miss read your last part. It had two legs sticking up off of the board to stabilize it. My one leg had came off and had to re attach. If they r still on and the plastic just broke. The new plug with just slide into those stabilizers. And let the two contact points hit the two small contact points on the Board

Reactions: Rockdweller
Thanks a lot. I've went ahead and ordered the connector. I'll worry about installing it when the time comes.

I can't believe I got that connector today. The little holding clips were still on the board so I had to remove the holding clips from the connector and it slid right into place. I test flew it and it flies just fine but my right green light on the back and the right red light on the front isn't working. Do you have any idea what that might be? It doesn't seem to effect the flying at all. So I can live with it. Anyway I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate the help and that did cure my battery problem. Thanx.

Hmm. Got me on the lights. All I'd know to tell u is to just double check the connections on them. But u most likely have did that lol. And yep glad it worked for u!

I wonder if the leds could burn out. It stayed lost it and it stayed in a tree for 3 days before I found it and it was on the whole time. Of course the battery was completely empty when I finally found it and got it down. That's when I guess the connector broke.

Anythings possible I guess. But I'd think it would be unlikely that two sets of lights would be burned out. I'd bank more on loose connection or broke connection somehow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers