Please Help! I'd really like to use Intelligent Flight Modes....

Reaction score
I posted this about a week ago and have seen no response, so I thought I'd try again.

I am very eager to use the intelligent flight modes, but am unable to get the menu to appear. I have removed beginner mode, enabled IFM's, flown to various altitudes and distances from controller, tried my wi-fi tablet and my 4G phone, re-installed the DJI GO app, and carefully followed all of the instructions I can find here and elsewhere.

I'm a little frustrated because other than this, everything is working perfectly! I've included some pictures that show settings and status, and my equipment / software versions should appear below.

Can anybody offer a suggestion, or let me know if I need to provide additional details?

Here is the iPad with wi-fi:

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

Here's the iPhone with 4G:

IMG_4222.jpg

Looking at the screens looks like all is right. Next with the aircraft launched and hovering just switch the left hand toggle on the rc to center position. That should put you into the correct mode

center position? I was under the impression that it needed to be in the left, or "F" position. I'll try it anyway, thanks for the quick response!!!!!

Great. I'll give it a try again.

Looking at the screens looks like all is right. Next with the aircraft launched and hovering just switch the left hand toggle on the rc to center position. That should put you into the correct mode

WRONG You P, A, F. F is for IFM.

Hey guys. Thanks again for the replies. I went out and tried a couple more times, and no luck; DJI GO shows F mode (as pictured.) but no IFM menu of any kind appears. I also noticed the upper left side says: "F-CL." Is that Course Lock? If so, is there a button on the screen that I need to press to view other IFM menu options?

IMG_0019.jpg
IMG_0018.jpg
IMG_0017.jpg

Looks to me like you are on a old version of the Go app, when course lock was the only IOC option, so there would be no need for the intermediate screen. From your screen shots I can see CL (course lock) enabled.

Reactions: andrew5309
That is the only version available to me through the app store. I've un/reinstalled it a couple times.

You are already in Course Lock mode (F-CL is Course Lock). Note that when you activate this you want the nose of the aircraft pointed in the direction you want to be "forward" when applying forward stick.

Normally when you flip the switch to F-mode the menu pops up automatically & you can select the feature you wish to use. What version of the Go app are you running?

Hey guys. Thanks again for the replies. I went out and tried a couple more times, and no luck; DJI GO shows F mode (as pictured.) but no IFM menu of any kind appears. I also noticed the upper left side says: "F-CL." Is that Course Lock? If so, is there a button on the screen that I need to press to view other IFM menu options?

View attachment 40032 View attachment 40033 View attachment 40034

I placed it in my signature:

"Thanks! - Andrew
Stock P3A, v1.3.20 :: RC, v1.5.70 :: DJI GO, v2.4.3 :: ipad mini, v9.2(13C75,) 12GB, WiFi"

Your signature also notes you are running FW 1.3.20 on the aircraft. You have to update to at least 1.4.10 to have all of the IOC modes available. Your camera will also benefit by increasing to 2.7K video resolution.

I placed it in my signature:

"Thanks! - Andrew
Stock P3A, v1.3.20 :: RC, v1.5.70 :: DJI GO, v2.4.3 :: ipad mini, v9.2(13C75,) 12GB, WiFi"

Your signature also notes you are running FW 1.3.20 on the aircraft. You have to update to at least 1.4.10 to have all of the IOC modes available. Your camera will also benefit by increasing to 2.7K video resolution.

Understood. I have had the update warnings pictured below since I took the thing out of the box.

IMG_0020.jpg
IMG_0021.jpg

From what I've read on this and other forums, "if your equipment is running fine, don't bother with the updates."

Other than IFM, it works beautifully and it's kick-a@@! I guess it I want to pursue, I'll have to brave the FW update.

Thanks a lot Mr. Bird and others!

If you let the Go app do the update it will take you to 1.6. If you want to update to a previous version like 1.4 or 1.5 you have to do it manually. Download the firmware file from DJI's site (make sure to download the version for the Advanced), extract the BIN file from the archive, place the BIN file in the ROOT DIRECTORY of the aircraft's Micro-SD card, then power on the aircraft (leave controller off). Over the next few minutes your aircraft will update. When the gimbal light turns solid green & it beeps "D DD, D DD" it is finished. Read txt file on SD card to confirm "Success." Perform IMU & compass calibration. Now all of your IOC features will work & you will have 2.7K camera option.

Understood. I have had the update warnings pictured below since I took the thing out of the box.

View attachment 40037 View attachment 40038
From what I've read on this and other forums, "if your equipment is running fine, don't bother with the updates."

Other than IFM, it works beautifully and it's kick-a@@! I guess it I want to pursue, I'll have to brave the FW update.

Thanks a lot Mr. Bird and others!

A useful video (after you've updated!)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great advice, guys (and gals?)!

I really appreciate it! Have fun flying today and I'll report back when I am successful......

updating now...

An interesting note: I placed the unzipped .bin file for "Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware v1.6.0040" in the root directory of the card, and aircraft just started up normally; no beeping or red/green gimbal flashing.

Then, for fun, I replaced that file with the .bin file for "Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware v1.5.0030" (the second to latest FW version,) and the aircraft began to beep annoyingly and flash red/green.

I guess one cannot "skip over" versions when updating.........just thought i'd share....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31