P3 Firmware Please help firmware issue

Daz

Reaction score
My phantom 3 standard failed its firmware update via the app which has also knocked out its wifi. So i now cannot reinstall through the app i need to put the file onto the sd card however dji dont have the file for the standard in the download section on the site so i am now stuck with a drone that make an alarm noise and that is it. Please someone help if you could send me a copy of the file on your sd im not sure if it would work but i need to try something it been driving me mad!!

Hi,

I just joined after having my first disappointment with my P3S. I have had it just over two weeks and it's on flight no. 35. Every single one was flawless until I came in late last night to find a 'New Firmware' announcement on the DJI App.

I updated through the app and went to bed after checking that everything started up and connected ok. I was looking forward to a test of the 'improved flight controller' after work but had a nasty surprise........

The auto take-off took it about a foot off the ground before settling into an unsteady hover...... I took it to about 15ft and let it steady while I made sure there was full control. Now it may be wishful thinking but it did feel rather different; the response to stick input felt....well, just different, almost as though someone had fiddled with the calibration of stick sensitivity??

low/slow circuits were good so I took it up to 60m watching the drone before looking down to the phone and seeing 'Video Signal Lost!-Return to Home?' :-O

Control was still good but lateral movements of many meters failed to link the video....this only came back while descending ...at about 25-30m! Most of my flights have been at this location and I have never seen this before even at 120m!

I have recalibrated/charged/rested everything and took another test flight; same weird feeling in flight but video kept working up to 45m at which point I called it a day. I hope this isn't another dodgy update?

As for your issue; I believe you can update via the micro-SD slot in the gimbal but I am sure there are people with far more experience than me on here.....hopefully there will be some help soon! A failed F/W update while in progress can be pretty bad news so I would tread carefully until some wise advice surfaces?

I wish you the best of luck

Terry

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik