Please help dji phantom 3 pro questions

Reaction score
I have a phantom 3. I haven't flown it for over a year and I updated the firmware and it won't work on my phone. It wouldnt update the controller though. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Did you update the firmware exactly like this? If so, where did you get stuck in those instructions? What exactly happens when it doesn't work on your phone? Please be as detailed as possible.

So I turn on the controller then aircraft like it says. Then I plug my phone into the controller. It doesn't do anything. On the equipment page it just showseems the how to connect stuff. There's no entering camera view or anything. Is it because I'm using a Samsung note 5?

Try re-installing dji go, reboot device.

Is it because I'm using a Samsung note 5?
Which device were you using before? Did you try using the cable that came with your Phantom? Did you ensure the micro USB port is not set to charging only?

How do I know if it's charing only? The front lights on drone are solid red which in think means critical error. What does that mean?

The front lights should always be solid red.

Swipe down from the top of the screen on your mobile device to view/change the USB setting. You should see something like this:

USB Options.png

Make sure "PTP" is selected.

I did all that. When I restart phone it goes back to charge only. When I don't restart it still charges my phone when I plug it into my controller

Just make sure it's not set to charge only before starting DJI GO and you should be good.

Still nothing. It's on ptp and I opened app and it's still charging my phone. The other lights are blinking yellow really fast

Not sure if it is different for different mobiles but my TAB E shows Charge Only when it succeeds to connect. It tends to want to go to MTP mode where it doesn't connect.
Workarounds:
Reboot tablet while everything is on/connected.
Powercycle RC when app is not running or in home view where you can select AC model.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Try a different micro USB cable. The cable that came with your Phantom should work if that's not what you're using right now.

Try a different micro USB cable. The cable that came with your Phantom should work if that's not what you're using right now.
That's what I'm using. Could it be because my controller isn't updated? When I updated aircraft I used latest update even though there was one in the middle of the originating update and the one I installed. I can't update controller from my app because it won't do anything

I wouldn't expect the message to show "how to connect" if the firmware was incompatible. You could try downgrading your Phantom firmware to confirm though.

Did you try reinstalling DJI GO?

I wouldn't expect the message to show "how to connect" if the firmware was incompatible. You could try downgrading your Phantom firmware to confirm though.

Did you try reinstalling DJI GO?
Yes I did and how do I do that? The controller hasn't been updated for 2 years or so

Do you know which firmware is currently installed on your remote controller?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen