Please give me some good FPV options for my P3P

Reaction score
I'm using an iPad Mini 2 and it works great except for when I try to fly mid day when it's pretty hot outside. That's when my FPV feed starts to get blotchy and it's almost not usable. So I'm thinking about getting some sort of FPV glasses that would all me to fly in hotter weather while providing me with a dependable FPV feed.

+1
I would like to have the fpv experience, but, I do wear reading glasses.
Any suggestions appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

While I haven't used them when it is 90° or above, my Headplay goggles with the RHO lens are very comfortable in 80° weather.
Really works well when the strong reflected sunlight at the beach or lakeside makes your tablet screen unreadable.

What do you suggest for when you need to fiddle a lot with settings in the app AND see what the Phantom camera sees in bright sunlight? Is there anything better putting a towel over your head and controller/iPad? Portable umbrella?

Last edited:
There are Sun Shades that fit over and around a tablet to provide shielding from sun glare. These are usually custom-fitted for each brand and size of tablet. If you want to use goggles (such as HeadPlay or FatShark) you will need to get and install the DJI HDMI Module on your controller. While I use an iPad Air with a tablet sunshade or my Headplay goggles, another option is the NVidia Shield Tablet K1. With the NVidia there is an HDMI output you can connect goggles directly to, so no need for the HDMI Module installed on your controller. Plus the On-Screen Display (OSD) from the HDMI output on the NVidia tablet is exactly the same as what is displayed on the DJI GO app. This is not the case with the DJI HDMI Module, while there is a useful OSD, it does not display as much info as is seen on the DJI GO app.
However, to your point, using any type goggles is going to make it difficult to change settings in the DJI GO app by touch alone, especially while in-flight. Your best option for changing settings on the DJI GO app while in-flight would likely be to use a sunshade for your tablet.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20