Please explain - Litchi App

Where did you go? We would still like to see your references for the litchi app damaging batteries?

Ok here is the reference: Litchi/AutoPilot Apps void your warranty

I read that after sending my 2 day old drone in to repair thinking s**t I voided the warranty and then read about the part of it some how damaging a battery cell, a few days later I got an email back from DJI saying it was a faulty battery and they would replace it free of charge but I still don't want to take the risk!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I've no axe to grind here but this sounds very much like misinformation . As a litchi user I want to know more please - would you kindly share the info & source from your research that led you to this conclusion please?

- Phantom P3A & P3P -
Sent from my iPad Pro using PhantomPilots App

Ok have shared it is on 3rd page

Complete and utter nonsense. There is NO proof or even allegation that Litchi can damage a battery. I fly Litchi a LOT and read everything I can find about it. Not once have I ever read or heard anyone ever mention battery damage using Litchi, making me highly doubtful of your "research". Common sense would also dictate that if there WAS such suspicion, this site would be the very place I would have read about it. In addition, there would be quite a few threads about it and, not surprisingly, there are none. Therefore I come to the conclusion, and correctly so, that NO "research" was done. If there's evidence of the "research", I expect you to cite it, with links, to this supposed information.

The link to the Form is on the 3rd page about this

Ok here is the reference: Litchi/AutoPilot Apps void your warranty

I read that after sending my 2 day old drone in to repair thinking s**t I voided the warranty and then read about the part of it some how damaging a battery cell, a few days later I got an email back from DJI saying it was a faulty battery and they would replace it free of charge but I still don't want to take the risk!

I read that looooong thread and there is no proof that Litchi caused the battery to fail. It was just DJI using that he used a third party app as a reason not to pay. Then Lawyers got involved I bet.

I read that looooong thread and there is no proof that Litchi caused the battery to fail. It was just DJI using that he used a third party app as a reason not to pay. Then Lawyers got involved I bet.

Well I read that then DJI got back to me saying it was a battery problem so I just put 2 and 2 together. I was lucky to find my phantom 4 after the crash as I had just flown over a lake at the time, luckily it some how fell backwards back to land! :) Got my replacement about a month ago but have got a refund on the litchi app as I was using that at the time and am scared to use a 3rd party app again.

Exactly what I was about to say.

Remember that "correlation doesn't imply causation." And I don't even see correlation here. For there to even be correlation you'd have to look at a statistically significant sample of battery failures and see how many were on Litchi and how many on DJI Go. Maybe also look at how many litchi and DJI flights had no battery failures. If you find a higher position of litchi flights with battery failure that correlation may be enough for YOU to avoid litchi for peace of mind. But if you really want to show that it really causes it, linkage between app behavior and battery failure would need to be discovered.

I didn't read DJI going anywhere near showing correlation or causation. They just pulled the escape hatch IMHO

Well I read that then DJI got back to me saying it was a battery problem so I just put 2 and 2 together. I was lucky to find my phantom 4 after the crash as I had just flown over a lake at the time, luckily it some how fell backwards back to land! :) Got my replacement about a month ago but have got a refund on the litchi app as I was using that at the time and am scared to use a 3rd party app again.

I understand and I'm glade you got a new one.

Changing to P or A will abort autonomous missions, assuming you have a signal.
Manual RTH is just that. It should also abort a mission.
The choice of RTH, hover or land is in the fail-safe, which I'm sure is ignored during missions.
Smart RTH I would expect would also abort a mission and execute RTH or give you the option if you have signal.
Some things I have to try with Go app in a controlled environment.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

DJI telling you that you had a faulty battery isn't the same as saying that Litchi CAUSED the battery failure. I think you're inferring things that weren't actually said.

I read the third page of the link you posted. I couldn't find any reference to Litchi causing battery problems. Can you give us the specific post number on the third page where it says that? All I see is discussion about whether a Litchi crash is covered under warranty but nothing about Litchi causing battery failure/problems.

I read the third page of the link you posted. I couldn't find any reference to Litchi causing battery problems. Can you give us the specific post number on the third page where it says that? All I see is discussion about whether a Litchi crash is covered under warranty but nothing about Litchi causing battery failure/problems.

I was saying what I posted was on the 3rd page! [emoji23] what I was talking about was on the first page dji were saying the app caused cell damage or something like that

I was saying what I posted was on the 3rd page! [emoji23] what I was talking about was on the first page dji were saying the app caused cell damage or something like that

On the first page they said the crash was probably caused by battery failure but it wasn't covered because he was using a third party app. There was no mention or inference that the battery failure was CAUSED by Litchi. You put 2 and 2 together and came up with 17. You can't rely on "DJI said the app caused cell failure" (which they didn't say) or "something like that" to bolster your argument. You have to stick to the facts. In any case, I'm glad you got your replacement and hope you have tons of fun with it. Don't crash it again! ;)

On the first page they said the crash was probably caused by battery failure but it wasn't covered because he was using a third party app. There was no mention or inference that the battery failure was CAUSED by Litchi. You put 2 and 2 together and came up with 17. You can't rely on "DJI said the app caused cell failure" (which they didn't say) or "something like that" to bolster your argument. You have to stick to the facts. In any case, I'm glad you got your replacement and hope you have tons of fun with it. Don't crash it again! ;)

Thanks! Have just passed 14hrs flight time and it's still going strong - bare in mind that crash was my 4th ever flight and I was flying it over water when it went down! I was like oh s**t

Thanks! Have just passed 14hrs flight time and it's still going strong - bare in mind that crash was my 4th ever flight and I was flying it over water when it went down! I was like oh s**t

I can understand! I fly mine over the water pretty often. I haven't crashed it or lost but I still get that "Oh S**t!" feeling every time I send it. I can only imagine the heartache watching it go down. Hope your future luck remains good. :)

Which brings up the question: Will the aircraft RTH when the battery hits critical level when flying a Litchi way point mission? Or do you need to plan mission within battery capacity limits.
It should return home via the smart RTH settings. If you are planning a long mission and you are confident the battery will last, you can disable that setting.

A good point.
So, if I out of Luck to cancel mission via returning the flight mode switch to P (or A), it will continue to orbit...

I don't have enough guts/suicidal mood to test it, but - will the Low Battery RTH doesn't kick in?
(OK, Critical Low Battery with immediate landing regardless where in orbit the AC is, is not a viable option most cases)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I think i had to load up dji go to rescue it and it then RTH. It would have landed in place over a cliff. I have never used litchi for fancy flight modes ever since.

"If signal is lost between the aircraft and the remote controller, the aircraft will continue the Orbit session until it reaches the critical battery level. It will then land in place automatically, even if your failsafe is Return to Home."

Dangerous.

I think i had to load up dji go to rescue it and it then RTH. It would have landed in place over a cliff. I have never used litchi for fancy flight modes ever since.

"If signal is lost between the aircraft and the remote controller, the aircraft will continue the Orbit session until it reaches the critical battery level. It will then land in place automatically, even if your failsafe is Return to Home."

Dangerous.
IMO, not really dangerous at all if you're aware of its limitations. There are two simple ways to avoid it getting stuck in an orbit if it loses contact:

1. Don't use orbit if there's a chance of the bird getting out of range (or move closer to the orbit area if you can),

2. Set it up as a waypoint mission where YOU program the orbit points and radius. That way, if it loses contact it'll continue the mission anyway and fly back to you as programmed in your mission.

Reactions: BryanBTX
IMO, not really dangerous at all if you're aware of its limitations. There are two simple ways to avoid it getting stuck in an orbit if it loses contact:

1. Don't use orbit if there's a chance of the bird getting out of range (or move closer to the orbit area if you can),

2. Set it up as a waypoint mission where YOU program the orbit points and radius. That way, if it loses contact it'll continue the mission anyway and fly back to you as programmed in your mission.

Perfectly put! The software is good if you just take the time to use it to your advantage.

Reactions: gvsukids

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers