Please don't laugh. Well I guess you can but I'm kinda bummed

Yes, you make your family & friends proud. And that includes your new friends here, on the forum. Obviously the fear of failure isn't something that stops you from progress. If you feel that another Phantom is in the cards, by all means, go out and purchase the third bird.
Just be a little more cautious, and perhaps practice flying at much closer quarters, until you have it down pat.
Nothing wrong with persistence, even at $1K a shot... ;-)
Wishing you much better luck, the third time will be the charm...

If you lose the third Phantom. We'll never mind, that's on you.

RedHotPoker

Thanks for the kind words - you hit the nail on the head -I don't have much fear of failing. I do have fear of public humiliation. Not sure if coming clean on having had 2 crashes OR admitting that I've been a drug addled lunatic was more humbling.

I'm hoping ( oh and in case you can't tell - I am a huge optimist) that the crashed drones will be repairable. I've got no idea what DJI charges for repairs but crash #1's most major issue is my camera is upside down. The only other visible issue is a tiny bow in the plastic where the battery inserts. It seems to be cosmetic.

Crash #2 seems a bit more daunting BUT the camera works and it seems the electronics work. The drone suffers from some legit body damage and a bad motor etc

I'm wondering if any of you kind folks have experience on the repair side? Could repair cost exceed the cost to buy new?

Thanks for the kind words - you hit the nail on the head -I don't have much fear of failing. I do have fear of public humiliation. Not sure if coming clean on having had 2 crashes OR admitting that I've been a drug addled lunatic was more humbling.

I'm hoping ( oh and in case you can't tell - I am a huge optimist) that the crashed drones will be repairable. I've got no idea what DJI charges for repairs but crash #1's most major issue is my camera is upside down. The only other visible issue is a tiny bow in the plastic where the battery inserts. It seems to be cosmetic.

Crash #2 seems a bit more daunting BUT the camera works and it seems the electronics work. The drone suffers from some legit body damage and a bad motor etc

I'm wondering if any of you kind folks have experience on the repair side? Could repair cost exceed the cost to buy new?

If #1 has a good body, but "upside down" camera, and #2 has damaged body but good camera, this might be an excellent candidate for a transplant of good camera to good body. That should get you a functioning P3 to keep exploring with and then you can decide if you want to part out what's left or box it all up and send it off for repair.

Love your attitude and optimism, send me a PM if you head north and I can share my favorite flying spots.

I noticed that there are a delay between the reality and what you see in the screen... so sometimes this can be very dangerous... because you think that the drone are in one place as it is a little bit far... this can finish in a crash... I notice this issue doing some footage near from the objects filmed like this...
https://youtu.be/2DmNyzu1PYM

Actually to avoid a crash you need to have a visual flight also.
I'm jealous of your flying skill and ability to smoothly rotate while flying. Great video!

LoL.

Such a happy ending! A blessing in disguise too. Many a video I watched before getting the P3 show those slanting horizons, and now that I have one, it turns out mine has them too, even after calibrating the gimbal a few times...

Maybe I should consider a little crash eh?
Its like the tv we had when we were kids-- you had to bang on the top with your fist to get the picture back when it went on the blink:D:D:D

Reactions: skyeboysteve

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers