Please comment on upgrade choice

Reaction score
Guys,

I'm looking to perform some upgrades from P2V+. Firstly, are their any considerations when stepping away from the stock camera and gimball?

What I want to do is not only perform the standard installation of a GoPro and Zenmuse gimball, but get one or more FPV systems going as alternatives to the P2V+ application my co-pilot has been using.

As far as I understand, in order to get flight information within the FPV display of Fatshark or a ground monitor, I'd need iOSD mini. But what if I want to run both at the same time - Fatshark goggles and a ground monitor with flight info? Do I need two iOSD minis? It seems possible to get iOSD mini information in a Fatshark display. Also, ahat if I want my co-pilot to control use of the GoPro, just like he does with the P2V+ application now? It's really nice to have the pilot just pilot, and the co-pilot worry about filming / photography. Do I lose this potential after I upgrade?

Thanks!

It would be better and easier to sell your P2V+ and get a P2 system which is designed to be tailored from a wide range of addons. P2V+ is just not designed to be modded in the way you suggest. It would not be easy to get a 2.4ghz vtx and vrx. Most are 5.8ghz which is your flight control frequency. Do a google site search on the forum and you will find loads of similar questions. See general forum stickies for an easy bookmarkable link.

Most FPV reciever screens have a video out into which can put another viewing device including googles. Telemetry will be displayed on both.

Irish. Thanks for the comments.

I'm not really interested in the easier route. I'm an engineer. I've soldered and replaced parts on my 2VP. I feel like I can do anything, regardless of the difficulty. If it is simply an impossibility due to some reason, then sure maybe, but I'd like to hear if people have tried this with success. Cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20