Please be specific

Reaction score
I see people asking questions about how to do compass calibration, home point, course lock, home lock etc. They may get answers but the answers are so messed up. Flip a switch a bunch of times...and it should work. WHAT? What is that? My God people...if you don't know what you're talking about...keep quiet. Bad information helps no one. I try to help when I can and only if I have the correct answers. There is so much misinformation here at times...some is good. Think before you post.

Do you mean for example flipping the thing-a-Mabob to make the doohickey set the whatcha-ma-call-it? :)
I am new to this hobby and am not as familiar with the nomenclature as I should be at this time so I will watch closer to use correct terms. :oops:

Except that's exactly how it's done. You flip the S1 switch (top right) up and down a bunch of times (usually 5-6 for me) until the rear LEDs turn solid yellow. You then turn the bird CCW 360 one time until it turns green, then turn the bird nose down and turn 360 CCW again.

Or clockwise.

Matters not.

dptcalvin said:
Except that's exactly how it's done. You flip the S1 switch (top right) up and down a bunch of times (usually 5-6 for me) until the rear LEDs turn solid yellow. You then turn the bird CCW 360 one time until it turns green, then turn the bird nose down and turn 360 CCW again.

Yeah I think what monte is saying is... The manual says at least 5 times... In any case, I always try to verify what I get from a forum through a few answers.

I don't think people are trying to give out bad information.... But we often assume a person knows something that we should be deliberate to point out...

N017RW said:
Or clockwise.

Matters not.
Sorry, just my habit of going CCW.

No worries,

I can see it now...'But I've been going CW, does that mean I'm doing it wrong?' ;)

dptcalvin said:

Unless one uses the Phantom App. To initiate compass calibration where the S1 switch is not used at all for this process!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers