Pleading for help from local pilots (Central Massachusetts)

Reaction score
Is there anyone in the Central MA area with a FPV system? I either had a flyaway or for some reason, an unwanted descend, and have lost my P2V+. I have an idea as to where it may be (assuming it wasn't a flyaway), but need to somewhat retrace my path, aerially and with live video. I'm in Worcester/Greendale, and would like to do something before the rain tomorrow!

I can be reached directly at joe (at) scan worcester (dot) com [no spaces]. I can pay you for your time, if need be. Thank you!

Re: Pleading for help from local pilots (Central Massachuset

Contact your local AMA clubs. Certainly some members there will be able to help with their FPV set up.

Djmt i hope you managed to find your p2v+. Do you mind sharing the circumstances of the mishap?

P2V+ has been recovered by an on-foot civillian. Seems to be in good condition with just one broken prop. Not bad for a 92' fall. The trees helped cushion the fall.

djmt99 said:
P2V+ has been recovered by an on-foot civillian. Seems to be in good condition with just one broken prop. Not bad for a 92' fall. The trees helped cushion the fall.

Still do an IMU calibration :)

Glad you got it back!

Absolutely recalibrating everything once I'm confident it's otherwise undamaged. I'm going to be tearing it down completely and internally inspecting before applying any power. I had a set of trees being higher than it's RTH path. It then fell into thick brush. The battery seemed to have come out during it's ungrateful descent, which saved it's 1-month, outdoor life in the long run. No energy source + rain = no shorting. And on top of it all, it landed upside down, so the motor windings were protected. The only sign of any weather "damage", externally, is some surface rust on the recessed screws.

The gimbal and that god-forsaken ribbon cable are still in tact.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31