Playstation VR and Google Oculus.

Reaction score
I am interested in trying FPV, but I also want to get into VR gaming, trouble is I can only get one or the other FPV goggles or VR goggles, so will the Playstation VR or Google Oculus be used for FPV flying? I would be usung them with a Phantom 4, I assume I will need to install the HDMI out modification to the controller, but other than that will they work? Will one work but not the other?

I don't think those would be your best options for fpv. The PSVR will need to be connected to aPS4 to work, and the the Oculus is a 1440p screen, which I believe needs to be powered by your PC. Your best bet is gear vr, or similar battery powered headplay etc headset.

I don't think those would be your best options for fpv. The PSVR will need to be connected to aPS4 to work, and the the Oculus is a 1440p screen, which I believe needs to be powered by your PC. Your best bet is gear vr, or similar battery powered headplay etc headset.

Problem is Samsung Gear requires a smartphone which I do not have, and I view smartphone VR as just a phone holder anyway. I really like the gaming options those two provide, as far as I know there are no such options offered by normal FPV goggles. I had hoped I could just plug them into the HDMI out and use them like monitors, so that isn't an option?

Problem is Samsung Gear requires a smartphone which I do not have, and I view smartphone VR as just a phone holder anyway. I really like the gaming options those two provide, as far as I know there are no such options offered by normal FPV goggles. I had hoped I could just plug them into the HDMI out and use them like monitors, so that isn't an option?

No, that isn't an option as neither have any kind of battery power. PSVR has an entire separate processing unit attached, and as I've said, neither the Ref tor PSVR have power as both were designed for gaming, not for flight.

Your best bet for something cheap is the Blitzwolf VR set on Amazon and use Litchi in FPV mode. However you do need a smartphone under 5.7" to fit within the unit.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4