Playing MP4 After Upgrade Issue

Reaction score
Guys,
I'm just new her at DJI Phantom Pilots. I just want to know how to fix my Video recorded on MP4 format.
Before my FW Update all my MP$ Video can smootly played on Windows Media Player but now something os missing like the Codec is no longer recognize by the Media Player.
Tried to download and run all the codecs exe on the DJI site but still can't play this video.

My concern, is I have only Windows Movie maker on my laptop (which I am using before without any problem).
Now, I cannot make a movie (edit) because my apps says missing or corrupted.

Please advise how to fix this issue. Appreciate any inputs.

Thank you in advance.

June (Philippines)

Guys,
I'm just new her at DJI Phantom Pilots. I just want to know how to fix my Video recorded on MP4 format.
Before my FW Update all my MP$ Video can smootly played on Windows Media Player but now something os missing like the Codec is no longer recognize by the Media Player.
Tried to download and run all the codecs exe on the DJI site but still can't play this video.

My concern, is I have only Windows Movie maker on my laptop (which I am using before without any problem).
Now, I cannot make a movie (edit) because my apps says missing or corrupted.

Please advise how to fix this issue. Appreciate any inputs.

Thank you in advance.

June (Philippines)

Windows Media Player 12 is the only version to date that will play MP4. You can open the media player and go to help> about media player and it will tell you what version you have. Also, I think you can change the format in DJI GO app to .mov instead of MP4. I just don't remember where that is accomplished. Hope this helps.

Windows Media Player 12 is the only version to date that will play MP4. You can open the media player and go to help> about media player and it will tell you what version you have. Also, I think you can change the format in DJI GO app to .mov instead of MP4. I just don't remember where that is accomplished. Hope this helps.
Hi NRJ,
Thank you for the quick reply. That's a big help. Im still using Windows 7. I need a new Laptop or maybe go for an Apple

Hi NRJ,
Thank you for the quick reply. That's a big help. Im still using Windows 7. I need a new Laptop or maybe go for an Apple

Windows 7 should already have media player 12. But, if not, upgrade it and you will not have a problem. Plus, It is cheaper to change the default movie format to .mov (dot mov) in the DJI Go app too. Most all other players still support the .mov format. Try settings in the DJI Go app first. I'm using the .mov format and my friends have had no problem viewing my video's. I wouldn't spend good money for a new computer just because of a movie format.

Reactions: Dirby
I've got a dual core i5 Haswell CPU with Win7Pro, and it struggles playing MP4 with Windows Media Player 12, latest version. I use the Quicktime player, it seems to work better, but not flawless, still jerks around a little. It's about the same when I open a video file up with the Chrome browser, it plays better than Windows Media player, but about the same as Quicktime. It's strange because when I edit the video then upload 1080P to YouTube, or open it with Chrome browser, it plays back flawless, smooth as silk, clear and crisp.

Last edited:
Windows 7 should already have media player 12. But, if not, upgrade it and you will not have a problem. Plus, It is cheaper to change the default movie format to .mov (dot mov) in the DJI Go app too. Most all other players still support the .mov format. Try settings in the DJI Go app first. I'm using the .mov format and my friends have had no problem viewing my video's. I wouldn't spend good money for a new computer just because of a movie format.
nice looking cat

I've got a dual core i5 Haswell CPU with Win7Pro, and it struggles playing MP4 with Windows Media Player 12, latest version. I use the Quicktime player, it seems to work better, but not flawless, still jerks around a little. It's about the same when I open a video file up with the Chrome browser, it plays better than Windows Media player, but about the same as Quicktime. It's strange because when I edit the video then upload 1080P to YouTube, or open it with Chrome browser, it plays back flawless, smooth as silk, clear and crisp.

Sounds like something else is stopping the smooth play. Could be internal cache or an interfering driver or corrupted codec. Best to have it checked or just use Chrome browser.

Use VLC or Pot Player both free and a world better then the useless windows media player

Thanks for the replies Guys. I'm just curious why my old videos with the same format before I upgrade my FW are running smoothly on Windows Media Player and can recognize by Widows Movie Maker and now...my latest videos are all need to use BS Player to run smootly but..it can't be use on my Movie Maker OMG I should not upgrade my FW

Didn't DJI change the bitrate in one of the firmware updates? I thought I read that a while ago? I could be wrong.

Use VLC or Pot Player both free and a world better then the useless windows media player
GOM player is another good one that I use. Go cautiously through the install however, bloatware may be installed of you don't click "more details" on one step of the installation!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj