Play videos direct from micro sd card.

Reaction score
I'm wondering if its possible to play 4k videos directly off the micro SD card in a Nvidia Shield K1. I tried today and when I went to open the file it said it cannot open file. Only been flying my P3 for a day so I'm still learning. My end goal is to be able to plug the Shield into a 4k TV via HDMI cable and play the video on the TV from the tablet. Any insight would be appreciated..or other work arounds.

Still waiting to hear if anyone has a solution for the, or if people have done something similar. I'm thinking that it would be nice to be able to play back my raw footage in 4K on the shield right after a flight.

I'm wondering if its possible to play 4k videos directly off the micro SD card in a Nvidia Shield K1. I tried today and when I went to open the file it said it cannot open file.
Two possible solutions.
1. The app can save the video file as either .mov or .mp4. Try using the other setting
2. Get VLC media player and use that for playback

Reactions: amused2deth
It may be your device isn't capable of handling 4k videos.

Reactions: amused2deth
I've tried both MP4 and mov. It is capable of playing 4K, I just haven't been able to play it off the card. Anyone out there with the Nvidia shield doing something similar to what I'm trying to do?

I've tried both MP4 and mov. It is capable of playing 4K, I just haven't been able to play it off the card. Anyone out there with the Nvidia shield doing something similar to what I'm trying to do?

have you tried VLC like mentioned?

also try GOM player for android,
I use gom player for my win 10 pc's, let's me do quick screen grabs
can you test it on a pc with a card reader?

what happens with those?

Ill have mine tomorrow I hope!

If it's capable of playing 4k video, then you shouldn't have any issues. You may just need to find a suitable apk.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20