Plastic Anti-drop pins

Reaction score
Hi All,

Does anyone have an idea where you can order spare anti-drop pins for the H3-3D? Ive already gone through the two spares supplied with the gimbal and can kind of see that I'm going to be needing more in the future. I want to experiment with different dampers to eliminate jello. These anti-drop pins appear to be 'one use' only.

Hi Pete,

The clue is in the words, 'Anti-drop'. In other words, the pins do nothing other than to keep the gimbal attached in the event of the rubber shock-absorbers parting company with the mount. So you can use anything that does the same job. I know one person who uses thin wire ties (like you get around new cables), but most use small plastic cable ties. The important thing is not to zip them up tight, otherwise it defeats the point of the shock-absorbers. So use two of those, leave a bit of slack in them.... et voila.

Peter Evans said:
Hi Pete,

The clue is in the words, 'Anti-drop'. In other words, the pins do nothing other than to keep the gimbal attached in the event of the rubber shock-absorbers parting company with the mount. So you can use anything that does the same job. I know one person who uses thin wire ties (like you get around new cables), but most use small plastic cable ties. The important thing is not to zip them up tight, otherwise it defeats the point of the shock-absorbers. So use two of those, leave a bit of slack in them.... et voila.

Hi Peter,
Thanks for your response, and also to the others who have replied with their help as well.

Regards
Pete Perrim
New Zealand

I do not use them. Nor did I use them with the H3-2D Gimbal. The only time the Gimbal should fall off is when you have a serious crash or if they are not seated properly. If the Gimbal stay's locked to the Phantom during a heavy crash you will most likely damage it anyway. The Anti Drop Pins vibrate.

You will probably find 50% of us remove them.

Some of you say you remove them, can you show us how yo have mounted your?
I did a mistake when i monted mine h3-3d, by clamping the pins all the way. And now im looking for a new solution.

How is the gimbal working when its fasten with zip ties? Will it still be able to work as intend? or will it be more wobbly?

Here is a visual..

Cable%20tie.jpg

This is on my vision plus.
DO NOT tighten the cable tie, and 2 diagonally across from each other is sufficient.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic