Plasti Dip + Phantom 4 Case? Why not?!

Dipped in Black - going to further customize it and model it off a pair of sneakers I have. Thought I'd share.

b7e2441ded63f99c1b5003be49671b7a.jpg
146e79538d78952510d95b0cbafe1244.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Kman
I too have some cans laying around, also the clear coating, but all of my cans are bright competition orange! Lol

Plasti dipped my case white today to match the P4. Used one can of white and two coats of the glossifier.

Currently drying.
Thought I'd like the white more then I did, looks like styrofoam too much. It's prolly not like that in person though, I have like 4 cans but all orange....I don't want an orange case lol

Reactions: dorianclive
It's been working out well. It definitely protects the case.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Hey Kag49601, how much did you pay for that Midway USA pack? Wasn't it $49.99? It's now $69.99 and when I contacted their customer service to ask about the price increase, they say the price has been $69.99 for at least the past 30 days... Am I trippin? I swear it was $49.99 just a couple weeks ago

Hey Kag49601, how much did you pay for that Midway USA pack? Wasn't it $49.99? It's now $69.99 and when I contacted their customer service to ask about the price increase, they say the price has been $69.99 for at least the past 30 days... Am I trippin? I swear it was $49.99 just a couple weeks ago
I can't remember exactly but I want to say you are correct. I ended up buying a knock off DJI/manfrotto bag the other day so my Midway bags up for sale if your interested. I only took it out of the house one time. If your interested I'll sell it for $50 shipped. Let me know if your interested.

Reactions: Kampy
I can't remember exactly but I want to say you are correct. I ended up buying a knock off DJI/manfrotto bag the other day so my Midway bags up for sale if your interested. I only took it out of the house one time. If your interested I'll sell it for $50 shipped. Let me know if your interested.

Hey, perfect! I was just about to buy that same Midway bag, so this will save me 20 bones, E-mail me at [redacted]

Last edited:
image.jpeg
Ok guys, what do you think? I had 2 cans of orange and 2 cans of clear, and an idea with the raised letters, lemme know if it's dorky, not sure maybe paint over it if it is....
By the way it's got a coat of clear over the orange and I'm also going to do the inside clear for durability
It's not 100% I have to fix the lettering, I thought I'd sand or file the paint off, then once done remembered how it'll peel on me, so it was time consuming and needs another 20m or so with a razor

Ok guys, what do you think? I had 2 cans of orange and 2 cans of clear, and an idea with the raised letters, lemme know if it's dorky, not sure maybe paint over it if it is....
By the way it's got a coat of clear over the orange and I'm also going to do the inside clear for durability

It looks sharp! A lot better than mine... I used white, and now it looks even more like cheap styrofoam than it did before. But I'm gonna try adding a pearl coat and then try painting the logo a dark color, that might help

Reactions: Sim597
It looks sharp! A lot better than mine... I used white, and now it looks even more like cheap styrofoam than it did before. But I'm gonna try adding a pearl coat and then try painting the logo a dark color, that might help
That will actually help a lot. I feel for you as I also like white color on stuff and could see me using it if instead of orange what I had was white laying around. I'm surprised it doesn't appeal to us more, it's got to be because reg. Styrofoam looks white, but you could do that and easily add some type of a design like I did easy with some blue tape, the letters were a biatch and after starting it was like "**** it's that peeling that will kill me" as I had planned on filing it off like I said, and that didn't work.
Here's another idea, I might also do. You might benefit if you try this. I was going to go with blue but you can pick yourself. Buy a cool drone sticker off eBay, and clear over it, so u can do the lettering and maybe a large drone sticker, it'll make it look right vs say normal styrofoam, which seems to be what happened by accident on you, lemme know if you think that'll help

Sim597 - it looks good and I agree. Totally time consuming. I'm spraying as we speak. Doing the interior now. Check it out.

794063a6cd6197730925657c46a2c38b.jpg

It's "Blaze Pink" the photo makes it look more red than it is. Will post the completed project over he weekend. I'm really loving everyone's customizations!! Good stuff!

Gonna look like you modeled off of Yeezys if you don't get them stars! Looking forward to it. I'm obsessed with shoes.

Oh the stars are going to be the finishing touch. I got a can of the "Reflex" for that. [emoji57]

You and me both! I had to hold off on the sneaker buying for a bit. Getting married in July. [emoji28]

This looks DOPE! How'd you do it?

Well snap! I'm in the same boat! Getting married in June in Jamaica then honeymooning in Barbados! Told her I'd hold off for a bit.

I plasti dipped it then measured the lettering, made stickers and "buttercoated" (a light even coat) it with super glue.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj