Planning to change FPVLR with DBS

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have received Tony's FPVLR's and was happy like small child however, I am an not getting distance as advertised 400 %.

My maximum was 3,5 km where I have lost all HD link but RC was fine.

I am really disappointed because I have invested 350 USD in those antenna's and not getting results.

Now I have decided to change my antenna to DBS

Guys,
Can you please give me any feedback on DBS.

Last edited:
Wish, still waiting on mine, website says shipments to us due on the 3rd of July have been delayed 2 weeks. Also waiting on the HDMI board.

Hi guys,

I have received Tony's FPVLR's and was happy like small child however, I am an not getting distance as advertised 400 %.

My maximum was 3,5 km where I have lost all HD link but RC was fine.

I am really disappointed because I have invested 350 USD in those antenna's and not getting results as well not support as it has been advertised. Have sent couple of emails but no answer. I was hoping to get some explanation or guidance from Mr. Tony what I am loosing HD signal on that distance (I am flying far away from any sources of interferance) - again disappointed.

Now I have decided to change my antenna to DBS

Guys,
Can you please give me any feedback on DBS.

If you're using the sunhans amplifiers try adding a pair of 4dbi attenuators, one on each amplifier. It will help maintain a cleaner signal into the amplifiers and allow you better performance and range. Search Ebay for rpsma attenuator. Average price each is around $14 to $19

So igor, I am pretty sure they make a HUMVEE for that!

dish1_640.jpg

lol

Reactions: dirkclod
If you're using the sunhans amplifiers try adding a pair of 4dbi attenuators, one on each amplifier. It will help maintain a cleaner signal into the amplifiers and allow you better performance and range. Search Ebay for rpsma attenuator. Average price each is around $14 to $19
Hi Ben,
Yes, i am using Sunhans amplifiers. Can you plese specify where to connect attenuators? On antenna side or radio side connector.

You connect those on the radio side of the sunhans... it drops down the output of the DJI transmitter feed going into the sunhans booster so you aren't getting over powered on the input side of the booster causing distortion.
Do you have a link from attenuators because I cannot find it. I have found 6dbi

Are U waiting for DBS or fPVLR?

He's waiting on us... we had a delay in factory production (out of my control)

Looks like we're back on track and will have antennas here by the 23rd

(More like 3 weeks late :-( ... but we now have a better product thanks to itelite engineering dept and quality control)

QUOTE="DBS, post: 449623, member: 9476"]He's waiting on us... we had a delay in factory production (out of my control)

Looks like we're back on track and will have antennas here by the 23rd

(More like 3 weeks late :-( ... but we now have a better product thanks to itelite engineering dept and quality control)[/QUOTE

i beleive I will go for DBS. what is reqired to install antenna rather that disconnecting original dji antenna and install patch cable

I don't have a link ... I don't use them ... I don't use boosters

i beleive I will go for DBS. what is reqired to install antenna rather that disconnecting original dji antenna and install patch cable

That's it... sounds like you're already modified if you had another antenna installed... ours will plug right in and the mount that comes with it will clip to the bottom metal support bar.

I don't have a link ... I don't use them ... I don't use boosters

That's it... sounds like you're already modified if you had another antenna installed... ours will plug right in and the mount that comes with it will clip to the bottom metal support bar.
That is excellent news. With DBS antenna, do I still need those attenuators?

That is excellent news. With DBS antenna, do I still need those attenuators?

Probably wait and see how yours performs... if you decide you need the sunhans boosters then the attenuators wouldn't hurt.

But test the antenna first with no boosters ... it's just a more simple setup with less hassles to worry about.

And it'll get you into some serious Range Addiction

Hi Ben,
Yes, i am using Sunhans amplifiers. Can you plese specify where to connect attenuators? On antenna side or radio side connector.

They connect from the output from your radio control to the antenna input on the Sunhans amplifier.

6 should work fine as well. People flying the phantom 2 vision plus used the 6dbi. Tho I was thinking 4 may be even better. It depends on the total output of the radio. If it's 20dbi output then the 4 might be closer to ideal but if it's higher than 20 then the 6 or even an 8 would be more appropriate to insure a clean signal goes into the amp. I'll have to check the specs of the P3s radio.

6 should work fine as well. People flying the phantom 2 vision plus used the 6dbi. Tho I was thinking 4 may be even better. It depends on the total output of the radio. If it's 20dbi output then the 4 might be closer to ideal but if it's higher than 20 then the 6 or even an 8 would be more appropriate to insure a clean signal goes into the amp. I'll have to check the specs of the P3s radio.
I have verified RC output for P3 and in CE mode is 16dBi (European models).
Which attenuator I need

I have verified RC output for P3 and in CE mode is 16dBi (European models).
Which attenuator I need

If your controller is running in CE mode with 16dbi output you do not need to use an attenuator with the remote. The Sunhans amps are rated up to 20dbi max input so at 16 you've got some wiggle room. If you were running in FCC mode then you'd want to use the attenuator for sure.

has anyone tried the new FPVLR antenna for the P3? Post said 30% better unboosted. Not sure if thats better than stock or better than V1 of the fpvlr

If your controller is running in CE mode with 16dbi output you do not need to use an attenuator with the remote. The Sunhans amps are rated up to 20dbi max input so at 16 you've got some wiggle room. If you were running in FCC mode then you'd want to use the attenuator for sure.

How would you tell if you are in "FCC mode". I assume that would apply to all models sold in the US right?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20