Planning on upgrading my P3S motors, Will these work?

Out of interest - what's wrong with stock motors ?

Nigel

Considering that DJI rarely gives out technical information - I have no idea.

But I would be careful of changes such as this. It means changed load on battery's, flight controller, the Go diagnostic system will probably show bad info such as whether battery has enough for RTH etc.

The aircraft with stock has quite an overpower ratio to weight.

Nigel

I just have a sneaking suspicion that it will upset so many things ...

The aircraft is designed to hover ... fly ... using GPS, Barometer etc. It has autonomous functions. They all interrelate to create a stable platform to accomplish this.

Altering one of them such as motors - as long as similar without too much difference OK ... but if a marked difference - I cannot help but think a price is paid by other function degrading ?

Nigel.

This sounds like a purely emotional thing.

You believe something will be better by virtue of replacement.

You have not shown any research to say these will be better in any way.

The Phantom is not like a r/c truck or other where higher performance parts are available.

DJI sells tuned propulsion systems and you will simply de-tune it. Kinda the opposite of what you believe will happen.

Upgrading the motors will likely burn out the esc and and I don't think they are easily replaceable. Better left alone and enjoy the flights. Even with a more powerful motor the performance of these quads is limited by the software so any gains you get most likely won't be noticed other than poor battery life

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The ESC's on the Phantom 3 series are built into the mainboard. No upgrading option there, IMHO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.