Places to fly in LA for great pics and video

Reaction score
For those of you in the Los Angeles area, where are some cool places that you have flown to get good pics and video. Besides the beach, which is great what other places would you suggest? It seems like we have so many airports causing several no fly zones. I'm looking for interesting building, objects, statues etc. I've found a couple of sites including a site with 10 bridges to shoot in LA. Any sites to suggest?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Palos Verdes coastline.

Pointe Vincente Lighthouse, Malaga Cove, etc...

Great thanks for letting me know

I was out at Palos Verdes last weekend. Some great scenery and a few legal places to shoot from:
Photo May 15, 12 05 04 PM.jpg
Photo May 15, 12 04 06 PM.jpg
Only downside is there are many coastline parks / areas that are sign posted for no model aircraft can be flown. Couple of legal areas I have found in the Hollywood hills also, however other people who are out enjoying the peace will get pissed off at you for the noise as I found out lol

Thanks and great shots out there.

I want to Pointe Vincenti / Pellican Park and got some incredible cinematic shots using Litche on Friday afternoon. Hardly anyone there and those that were didn't mind at all.

Reactions: CEDRIXXX
Ftttu - have flown at Lake Hollywood? Never been there but looks like a great place to get some nice footage.

I've just started a thread where I suggested a sub section where people could recommend flying locations. By the sounds of things it looks a lot more difficult in the States than Europe to find good places

Cant fly here, Drones are banned on the property :/
Flee that restrictive area they call "La La Land" at once!

I was stationed at MCAS El Toro in Orange County back in the '80s. I'm sure I'd be all over the coast in the area of the cliffs and rocks if I was still there. Lake Tahoe would be another place I'd run up to, and maybe Mono Lake if that isn't off-limits also.

Reactions: Hayden1080
I've just started a thread where I suggested a sub section where people could recommend flying locations. By the sounds of things it looks a lot more difficult in the States than Europe to find good places

Good to know. I'll take a look at it. Where can I find the thread?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31