Places to buy P2 non-vision

Reaction score
I'm about to pull the trigger in a new Phantom 2 non-vision (I have a GoPro Hero 3+ Black already)
Eventually I want to built my own as I'm an engineer, but I want to get used to the systems, the lingo, and the different components, sensors available before I develop my own.
I looked at Amazon and they sell the P2 for $829. I also noticed there's a warning for a "new version" and the new version is the V2.0
So to make this posting short I have three questions only:

1) Any place better than amazon to buy the P2 (price wise)? maybe waiting to Black Friday?
2) Would anyone recommend buying a used one? any advantages other than price and maybe getting extras? Any risks?
3) If I buy the basic package, what else you'd recommend as a must have? second battery pack? IOSD? any other?

Thank you for your help.

I bought from B&H and was very satisfied as I usually am with their service.

There are 1,000 reasons to wait, but if you want one, then do it.

DC,
Assuming you are in the U.S...

I just Googled 'buy Phantom P2' and the first link I found has the P2 for $579 with NO accessories.

http://www.uav-outlet.com/products/dji- ... opter.html

Buying a used Phantom is not unlike buying anything used, the fact that these are easily damaged would make me hesitant to purchase without inspection or testing.

Buying accessories... that's a personal choice but none are required to begin flying and 'getting to know it' sort-of-speak.

Deathcode said:
I'm about to pull the trigger in a new Phantom 2 non-vision (I have a GoPro Hero 3+ Black already)
Eventually I want to built my own as I'm an engineer, but I want to get used to the systems, the lingo, and the different components, sensors available before I develop my own.
I looked at Amazon and they sell the P2 for $829. I also noticed there's a warning for a "new version" and the new version is the V2.0
So to make this posting short I have three questions only:

1) Any place better than amazon to buy the P2 (price wise)? maybe waiting to Black Friday?
2) Would anyone recommend buying a used one? any advantages other than price and maybe getting extras? Any risks?
3) If I buy the basic package, what else you'd recommend as a must have? second battery pack? IOSD? any other?

Thank you for your help.

Personally wouldn't buy second hand unless it was cheap.
They are easy to crash,modify etc so it can be difficult to know it's history.
There are quads to be had for the same sort of money (or even less) than the Phantom if you are willing to do a bit of reading and research first.
The Phantom comes out a bit pricey as it is an all in one ready to go package as it were with just the learning to fly bit needing to be done by you.
However it isn't difficult to build something like the DJI Flamewheel series,common sense and some soldering skills needed.
I built my first F450 after having only owned a Phantom for a few weeks,loads of build videos on Youtube to help as well.
If I hadn't got a Phantom already knowing what I do now I would build a quad rather than buy a ready to fly one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER2GxMo ... =5&list=WL

Deathcode said:
Eventually I want to built my own as I'm an engineer,
Check the classifieds, I have a Hex from 3D Robotics for sale, and it's as good a learning platform as there is.
http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27489&p=252916&hilit=+3dr#p252916

I just want to fly and take photos/videos, so I bought a new Phantom 2 NV from Dronefly. The sales people there have been absolutely a pleasure to work with. B&H is probably the best on price and I buy all of my pro photo and video gear there, but, well with B&H, time is money is the golden rule and they seem to be anxious to get you off the phone to go to another call. The follow-up from Dronefly is above the line- just not something I expected.

CameraGuy said:
I bought from B&H and was very satisfied as I usually am with their service.

There are 1,000 reasons to wait, but if you want one, then do it.

can you elaborate on the reasons to wait?
thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers