Pix4dmapper app on Android

Hi,
Is there a way to move the grid over the area you want to fly over? It seems to just put it in an orientation that is not optimum based on where the application is started. Also is there a way to get multiple grid missions merged together to finalize a larger area?
Cheers,
Jim

The latest update works well on my Sony Z3. To do a larger areas you do separate projects in the app and then do them in the pix4d software and merge them together once complete

I have yet had the time to test this... but after running the app and checking out the settings.... this app allows for changing height, speed, camera angle, and grid range settings.... Has anyone tested that, or does it default to 50meters. I just dont wanna eat a tree. :D

I’ve been testing the software for several days now and I have some problems with it.

Before updating to the last version it made the mission alright but was not downloading any image nor making the p4d file. Only the first mission I tried, that I aborted, had downloaded all the images and geotagged them.

After updating to the last version of the app the 3 first tries just made the mission but not taking any photographs and now keeps telling me when it does the Drone Takeoff Checklist that the “S1 switch state unknown” all the time. I’ve tried the phantom and Naza modes, turn off the phantom and the tablet, and many things but no way… keep telling me this.
Any tips or help?

I am having several kind of problems these days with several post here, I cannot make work the Ground Station, the resolution of the images has changed and now this. I’m totally fed up and frustrated with this.

Thank you very much.

So without paying $4K for a professional license a method I've found useful is to fly with the camera pointing directly down. Can take video or plan waypoints and snap stills. Either work. I've taken the 1080p video, paused it and grabbed the frame which to me is nice because I can grab the perfect overlap in post-processing. Once you have the still you like, you can use Google Earth and do the following.

Click image overlay, add in your DJI still created as a native still or from the video.

Size it and match up with recognizable features (requires you to know where the picture was taken).

When happy with the alignment click 'OK'. You can use the slide scale of opaque to see a transparent view of the overlay to match it up.

Using Google Earth as your geo-anchor, you can create an orthomosaic of 2D images that are saved then as KMZ files. To save them as KMZ files you can right click on the overlay and choose Save As.

Some things I've come across that create this manual tie process intensive. The DJI Phantom 2 Vision + and likely GoPro skew the images on the edges making geo-rectification difficult. Typically I throw the image in PowerPoint or Preview and crop out about half the raw image to make a square. It's sorta an art depending on your 'look' angle but I'm sure there's an easy way to do it.

Last, you can always use a free Android app called Custom Maps that allows you to take any .JPG, etc. and tie to Google Earth with the output file of a KMZ file - an easier interface than Google Earth and mobile which is nice when you don't want to lug a laptop with you. Overall, I hope in the next year to find a video mosaic tool that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic