Pix4D software

Reaction score
Have meeting with prospective client on Monday and want to generate small photogrammetric model. Have downloaded Pix4D Capture for flight planning and will go out and fly as soon as fog burns off. However, I need to process the pictures. Don't want to buy the software just to find out it doesn't work for me, Pix4D Discover is apparently no longer offered, so what freeware can I use for now to process pictures and do my demo? 99% chance I will purchase Pix4D for this but don't want to commit until after my Monday meeting. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Have meeting with prospective client on Monday and want to generate small photogrammetric model. Have downloaded Pix4D Capture for flight planning and will go out and fly as soon as fog burns off. However, I need to process the pictures. Don't want to buy the software just to find out it doesn't work for me, Pix4D Discover is apparently no longer offered, so what freeware can I use for now to process pictures and do my demo? 99% chance I will purchase Pix4D for this but don't want to commit until after my Monday meeting. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Try agisoft photo scan. Its not free but you can find the crack in the Internet

Sent from my D6503 using PhantomPilots mobile app

They use to have a free trial for several days, try that and if you like it they have a subscription you could pay.

Have you tried MapsMadeEasy? They have an excellent app (Map Pilot) and good cloudprocessing of the result.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

You can also try DroneDeploy, it´s very good and has a 30-day PRO plan trial period upon registering in which you not only generate 2D maps and 3D models, you can also export the results - although with limited capabilities, but enough to primary(early phase) mapping jobs IMO.

Another one in the same league is Maps Made Easy, you get a free 500 points start to generate maps. MME also has a flexible cloud processing charging system which can be a good option for startup and/or small businesses.

As for capturing (aero photography), my favourites are DroneDeploy (free) and Map Pilot (Maps Made Easy - paid) for 2D and FPVCamera for a complete, fully autonomous and very versatile 3D aerial image capturing. Whatever little can´t be done on these, try DJI´s Go semi-autonomous advanced flying features (POI, etc.).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31