Pix4D Software

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Today I've been trying out the Pix4D app and it seems to be pretty good. The PC software is super expensive though. I was wondering if anyone has tried any similar 3d mapping/surveying apps or software they can recommend. So far I've only tried Pix4D and DroneDeploy. TIA!

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

I have recently downloaded the app and want to try it when time allows. Did you find it easy to use?

It was really easy to use! It's pretty simple and took no time at all to get the hang of

Photomodeller and 123D catch are good alternatives. Use Altizure's free app to capture the required photos of an area. It works perfectly for photogrammetry. You can then share your models on sketchfab of you wanted.

Our Houses by Malakai - 3D model

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The Pix4D app works really well and easy for taking pics for you. Only issue is the FPV screen does nit work, so you cant see what you are doing. This is a kown issue but they haven't done anything to fix it and its been an issue for a while.
To get around this i start off in DJI Go app and check altiltude will be safe and then set image settings. Then unplug USB, close GO app, plug USB back in and open Pix4D and let it do its thing.
Unfotunately this makes the custom flight almost impossible since you cant see what you are doing.

Scott

The Pix4D app works really well and easy for taking pics for you. Only issue is the FPV screen does nit work, so you cant see what you are doing. This is a kown issue but they haven't done anything to fix it and its been an issue for a while.
To get around this i start off in DJI Go app and check altiltude will be safe and then set image settings. Then unplug USB, close GO app, plug USB back in and open Pix4D and let it do its thing.
Unfotunately this makes the custom flight almost impossible since you cant see what you are doing.

Scott
yeah thats why i started using the altizure app. it works perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers