Pittsburgh by Air

Nice. Whats the orange flashes every so often?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

So they are meant to be there? Looks like a mistake to me. Just my opinion!

acall said:
They're light leaks that I added. I sort of used them to cover transitions.
I eventually realized what you were doing, I'm just slow! I liked the shots of Heinz Field......anyone question you about trespassing? Looked like most of this was shot very early morning, so I guessing no one was around. Just curious. I haven't tried the kind of thing yet, but I would like to.

IrishSights said:
So they are meant to be there? Looks like a mistake to me. Just my opinion!

I hope it doesn't look like a mistake. Does anyone else think that?

RedRyderMedia said:
I eventually realized what you were doing, I'm just slow! I liked the shots of Heinz Field......anyone question you about trespassing? Looked like most of this was shot very early morning, so I guessing no one was around. Just curious. I haven't tried the kind of thing yet, but I would like to.

Most of the shots were either very early morning or at sunset, except for the shots of both stadiums, which were late morning-ish. But no, there was barely anyone in the vicinity and no one approached me at all.

Nicely shot, rock steady and you understand how to use the golden light. Great editing as well. May I ask, what was your editing software and did you use any shake correction? Cheers, --Rotoscope

Rotoscope said:
Nicely shot, rock steady and you understand how to use the golden light. Great editing as well. May I ask, what was your editing software and did you use any shake correction? Cheers, --Rotoscope

Thanks for the comment. I had been using FCP7, being one of those who refused to upgrade to FCPX. But I kept having problems finding any type of plugins for stabilizing footage and also removing the fisheye effect from the GoPro footage. So I finally reluctantly upgraded to FCPX before putting together this piece and now I absolutely love it.

I actually ended up using the built-in stabilizer on FCPX for a couple of the shots that were shaky and it worked phenomenally well. Since I have the 2 axis gimbal, most of the shakiness I get is in the yaw movement and FCPX was able to remove most of it. All the shots of both the stadiums were so shaky (very windy that day) that I wasn't even planning on using them until I discovered how well I could stabilize. And I downloaded a plugin to remove the fisheye.

Had a chance to test out 2.7 and it looks great. I went out for an FPV session and flew in 2.7 protune and non-protune, and the footage was impressive. I was surprised at how little fisheye I got relative to what I was expecting.
I'm going out tomorrow morning to capture some surfers. I captured some decent footage last weekend, but I think I'll get better footage using 2.7.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20