Pitch pot mod issues.

Reaction score
Through fear of bringing up a repeated topic I am going to after not really finding an answer. Or there being so much info I find it hard to sort out the exact help.
I am new to the forums and have found it a great source of information prior to joining.

Anyway I installed a 5k ohm linear pot to my controller.
I only get limited range with in the center of travel. Then it will keep driving to the outer settings (not stop) unless I turn the knob slightly in the other direction.
I am happy setting up the outer settings and the pitch speed...set at 20.
I have done firm ware upgrades, calibrated through both the PT2 and RC. I have also calibrated using the manual method on the controller.
It also had the same issue when I tried the manual lever on the back directly to the pot.
When I do the calibration it does not drive to the outside edges of the cal bar.
I can sort of put up with the limited range but it not stopping is annoying unless I drive it the other direction a little.

Thanks

Greg

Save yourself a load of grief and just buy the upgraded controller, I tried knobs and levers with my old TX and never had any luck getting it to stay on one position

Thanks again.
I will get a Phantom 4 or Mavic Pro one day so will save my money.
The P2V has been a great training drone. I have done gimbals and replaced motors after I stuck long screws into it. Yeah the prop guard screws. Glad it wasnt a new drone.

Reactions: crash1sttime
Save yourself a load of grief and just buy the upgraded controller, I tried knobs and levers with my old TX and never had any luck getting it to stay on one position

Hi again. I do have the opportunity to get a hold of the upgraded controller. Phantom 2 vision plus with the thumb wheel. Does it work well without the issues of continual drive. Does it stop when you stop the wheel rotation. Thanks again.

Greg

Hi again. I do have the opportunity to get a hold of the upgraded controller. Phantom 2 vision plus with the thumb wheel. Does it work well without the issues of continual drive. Does it stop when you stop the wheel rotation. Thanks again.

Greg

I loved it when I got mine, you can just tap the wheel and the camera moves slightly, longer pulls result in more movement, I was on the phantom vision when I got it and moved to the rotorpixel gimbal. Remember to calibrate the wheel in the controller software before use and you won't be disappointed

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic