Pitch control lever

Reaction score
I received a DJI Phantom 1 for Christmas and I'm currently looking at various options for gimbals. However, I noticed that I don't have the little pitch control lever on the back of the controller. Furious googling and reading of online forums gives me the impression that there should be a stock lever included. Did it just not come with mine? Or do I have a version that doesn't have one? The controller does seem to have mounting holes on the back to add a 3rd party lever. Mostly curious if I'm a) a complete idiot, b) going crazy or c) just in a situation where I need to get my own.

I think they only put the lever on the Version 1.1.1 Phantom and up, You must have an older DJI! Does your Phantom have two Rx antennas on the unit or one? If you only have one antenna then you have an older version which doesn't have the pitch lever on the controller if you have two then you have a newer version and maybe an older Tx! Either way you should check to see if the place you bought it from offered a newer version on their ad!

Aha! Curses -- it was a gift from the Mrs., so I will have to check w/ her. Thanks for your help -- glad I'm not crazy!

There are good YouTube vids on putting in a small pot switch on the tx instead of the flimsy lever on the back. Many of the ones sold on the web don't fit properly or work.

Sweet! Thanks everyone, you guys are rad. I love the idea of the front mounted control knob, but really fear of my ability to pull it off. Is there not an official DJI lever part that I can order to guarantee that it works/fits properly?

Best of luck with this. I added the Zenmuse and the tilt lever.

After adding the tilt lever the transmitter would not calibrate the X1 pot so I updated the firmware in the transmitter.

Now the tilt works, but the transmitter will not transmit more than a few feet and there has been no solution to fix this!!

My recommendation... If you cannot calibrate the X1 pot normally - DO NOT update the firmware or you too may end up with a brick.

I also have the Phantom 1.

My Phantom 1 came with a D-bus DJ6 which would not connect the X1 pot at all until the firmware was updated. The firmware was updated through the DJ6s built in micro USB port.

Driffill said:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/driffill/sets/72157639196915163/
but it is a lot better having it on the front

Thanks Mr D, did that to mine yesterday (removing DJI rear lever - if anybody's interested)mod works great, then bit the bullet and bought Futaba T8J Black couldn't pass on price $230.

Phantasmic said:
LandYachtMedia said:
Phantasmic said:

Why use an audIo taper pot?

Why not?

They are ready available, cheap as dirt, more durable than some of the 3D printed levers and they work very well.

They are readily available. That isn't the best choice for a control system though. The response of an audio taper pot is approximately logarithmic. That will make it very sensitive at one end and unusually slow on the other. I would recommend using a linear pot for any control work.

Phantasmic said:
LandYachtMedia said:
They are readily available. That isn't the best choice for a control system though. The response of an audio taper pot is approximately logarithmic. That will make it very sensitive at one end and unusually slow on the other. I would recommend using a linear pot for any control work.

Yes.

psssttt...read the comments section of the linked video.

Yea, I didn't read the comments. Many times they are more ridiculous than even facebook comments. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.