Pitch axis bent, will it affect performance anything?

Reaction score
I recently crashed my P3S and the yaw arm definitely needs replacement, but I also realized that the pitch arm is slightly bent as well. Will the slight bend downwards affect the gimbal? (Images attached)

Picture:
eGmJveD.jpg

#1 is the ribbon cable still good? Does the pitch move at all? If so, listen for a motor buzzing noise. The motor shaft might be bent and that will put alot of strain on the motor and the motor circuit board. If the pitch motor gets hot, then you should replace the bent/broken parts before you fry a different component. It also will make the cam harder to move because the axis has changed by the bend. It might also be binding. Does the gap between the motor and housing look uniform? If not, the motor is gonna be a problem.

Take some more picture of the 3 remaining sides and back of the motor and arm and post em up here. Turn the drone on and leave it on for a few minutes, pitch the bird up and down and see of the pitch motor responds. Listen for a buzz and then feel the pitch motor for temp. If it gets too hot to touch, it might need to be replaced. I have gotten serious burns touching overloaded motors so be careful. Lick your finger before you touch it and if your spit sizzles, the motor is too hot to touch.

Last edited:
Yes the pitch moves smoothly, but I don't remember if there was a buzzing noise. I'm fairly sure there was only a small humming sound, like it always had. I can't turn it on right now, because I haven't replaced the yaw arm (parts arriving in 2 days), and it's motor gets very hot, so I don't want to damage that. The gap between the motor appears to be uniform; I'm starting to think that its the camera housing itself that got bent and not the motor shaft.

Thanks for the help so far

I attached some pictures from various angles to help give a better view.

Attachments

• IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 315
  • IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 323
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 333

Recent Posts

Members online