Pissed about Vision 2+ and Taco Gimbal

Re: Pissed about Vision 2+

FINNALY got the damper screws I was missing, will not go out and fly to see in there is still a "jello".
e3ura4a7.jpg

ShoreBird said:
My plus has been a good machine to date. But the + in general has had its share of issues with the gimbal as others have reported.
Maybe you'll be ready to go a head with another purchase when the Phantom ++ comes out and all us + owner will be like WTF!?
Or better yet a competitor that makes an even better unit.....
I've been 100% happy with my +....

... so I'll start the rumor that the PV3 will have built in sonar to avoid bumping into things. This will allow it to fly completely autonomously over a predefined path....

gpauk said:
Nah... The PV3 will have an on-board chainsaw, so those pesky trees that move into the path of the 'copter will be sawdust... :)

Nah diamond tip blades will do a better job and add a bit of bling bling to your bird ;)

I've had my Rotorpixel for a few weeks now...haven't flown a lot. But the few times I have, I'm quite happy with the result.
hoping for a third axis soon. There is a loss of a few minutes flight time and the Vision lift off is a bit more encumbered. If those two things are a problem then this Gimbal might not be a good solution for everyone. Also, the RP is portable to other platforms for those considering a different craft in the future.

Still a waiting list for them. But its getting better every week.

BREAKING NEWS: IM NOT SO PISSED AFTER ALL!

So I have been reading all about the Taco Gimbal and how to make it the best that it can be.... I came across someone (can't remember who) that said to try adding ear plugs into the dampers to help with vibrations and jello in the video.

SO I TRIED IT!.... AND IT WORKED REALLY WELL! THE EAR PLUGS MOD HELPS GET RID OF JELLO AND VIBRATIONS! I JUST TESTED IT!.... i don't think there is an explanation on how to add the ear plugs into the dampers, So i am going to make a thread with pictures so everyone can enjoy whoever's AWESOME, effective, but yet SO SIMPLE idea it was to use ear plugs to stop vibrations that effect the video! NOW, it still is no where near the Vision PLUS, But for now, the Taco gimbal is working well for me!
I am putting together some RAW footage now and will post soon of the new findings of the ear plugs.

gunslinger said:
Nsrwholesale said:
The only way I could fund the new Vision Plus would be if I sold my beautiful AR15 :( ....But that WILL NOT happen

I'm still thinking of selling one of my stainless Beretta 92FS to fund half of the Plus... :D But my wife keeps telling me I'd regret it, and she's probably right... :(

Yeah you would regret it. And for picture taking there's little advantage to a gimbaled system its mainly if you need movie theater quality video but for simple video and fpv video the regular P2V is fine.

And I also feel you'll be happier for it. There will surely be an improved Phantom 3 and Phantom 3 Vision which may also include a obstacle avoidance sensor and maybe further improved power or flight times.

ahhh so im not alone in this bus....i bought my P2V from amazon, 7 days later the P2V+ comes out and im spitting nails......i did all the relevant research, youtube, forums, and comments. nowhere did i see or hear any mention of the + ....as much as i love my P2
V, id rather have waited one week for the upgraded one.
ive upgraded all the antennas except the camera antennas and im getting great range, but the gimbal sux..... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

You may be way better off keeping your P2V. The gimble on the +'s are terribly built and fragile. Any crash just about destroys them. One poster commented that DJI told him it was too cost prohibitive to replace his gimble, making it a pretty much disposable $1300 Phantom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Old Gazer said:
You may be way better off keeping your P2V. The gimble on the +'s are terribly built and fragile. Any crash just about destroys them. One poster commented that DJI told him it was too cost prohibitive to replace his gimble, making it a pretty much disposable $1300 Phantom.

^ Omg that is disgracful. An even bigger loss if you live in Australia. $1900 Aud here which translates to about $1780 US. There is no way that it could cost more to ship to America than to Australia from Hong Kong! Certainly not $480 in freight. And local retailers wonder why we buy online. Although in any currency it's a big write off:-(

I have the vision with a Rotorpixel and am quiet happy with it, I did lose a couple minutes of flight time but the video is very stable. And 15-17 minutes of flight is enough as I have 4 batteries now. Very good quality on the gimbal and a painless 5 minute setup and no install issues at all. I would rather spend a few more $$$ and get a good quality product with a good design over saving some money and get junk that I have to spend all of my time tweaking.

i have the phantom vision and it works great.
gonna stay with it.

After flying a couple more times after my original post, I can honestly say that I am a lot happier with my P2V. Adding the ear plugs into damper MOD really helped the "Shake" on video, and looks pretty good now! Flying with even a little wind some times make the "shakes" more noticeable, but flying in little to no wind creates real nice footage.

Successfully traded a new build AR15 for a P2 Vision. Looking forward to getting it. I also have a FC40 that I traded for. Has no camera. But flies great!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj