Pissed about Vision 2+ and Taco Gimbal

Reaction score
Okay.... Just flew my Phantom Vision with Taco RC gimbal and looked at the footage and just about punched a hole in the wall after so much frustration trying to get the Taco Gimbal to have somewhat of as good footage as the Vison Plus... And the fact that I can't even sell my phantom vision for half of what I paid for it put me through the roof! THE VISION 2 PLUS CAME OUT 1 MONTH AFTER I BOUGHT THE NON PLUS PHANTOM OFF MY NEIGHBOR (stupid me, not I can't return it, I had NO IDEA a new one was coming out). After looking at youtube videos of the Vision Plus and how STABLE the camera is with the new 3 axis gimbal, it made me even more upset. Not to mention how much further the FPV goes on the Vision Plus. THE VISION PLUS FOOTAGE LOOKS TOO GOOD!!!!!

Anyone else?

Re: Pissed about Vision 2+

Nsrwholesale said:
Okay.... Just flew my Phantom Vision with Taco RC gimbal and looked at the footage and just about punched a hole in the wall after so much frustration trying to get the Taco Gimbal to have somewhat of as good footage as the Vison Plus... And the fact that I can't even sell my phantom vision for half of what I paid for it put me through the roof! THE VISION 2 PLUS CAME OUT 1 MONTH AFTER I BOUGHT THE NON PLUS PHANTOM OFF MY NEIGHBOR (stupid me, not I can't return it, I had NO IDEA a new one was coming out). After looking at youtube videos of the Vision Plus and how STABLE the camera is with the new 3 axis gimbal, it made me even more upset. Not to mention how much further the FPV goes on the Vision Plus. THE VISION PLUS FOOTAGE LOOKS TOO GOOD!!!!!

Anyone else?

I feel your pain. But I got my P2V EIGHT DAYS before the P2V+ came out and the dealer refused to exchange/return mine (10 flawless flights on it). I too have a Taco gimbal, and I am not at all happy with it. I have tweaked and fiddled with gimbal settings, NAZA-M gains and so on and the best I can get is still a sort of twitchy video. It's "OK", but not really good.

My plus has been a good machine to date. But the + in general has had its share of issues with the gimbal as others have reported.
Maybe you'll be ready to go a head with another purchase when the Phantom ++ comes out and all us + owner will be like WTF!?
Or better yet a competitor that makes an even better unit.....
I've been 100% happy with my +....

I'm in the same boat,
I bought mine ( P2V ) 2 weeks before they announced the PLUS!
At first I was HIGHLY UPSET, but you know, after hearing all the issues
With the plus ( firmware issues ) , and gimbal issues, and YAW issues, ect!
I LOVE MY P2V! I'm actually glad I did not buy the plus!

Here is why:
Since I got my Vision, I've only had 1 FPV DELAY ISSUE, due to
Bad APP UPDATE! I have over 150 flights ( event free ) she flies BEAUTIFULLY!
Like I said above with all the plus issues, in glad I kept my P2V! I'm learning to fly
Really good now, I can actually get VERY good videos on my vision ( not professional ) but good
In the mean time, I've been putting a few bucks away, each week! I'm going to let DJI work the bugs
Out of the plus, by that time I should be close to having enough money to buy ( version 2 ) P2V+ ( without the bugs. )
I'll also be much better at flying stable and slow, if I'm good enough with the vision, I'll be a PRO with
The plus!

Don't beat yourself up, it's really not that bad, the vision is still, a very cool craft! Also This just gives you a reason to buy another! Lol
2 is always better than 1! Heck by that time the P3 might be out!

I do know where you are coming from though! Keep your chin up brother , everything happens for a reason!

Take care, Fly safe!

I hear ya, looking back, I did get a very good deal on my vision... BUT looking at the Vision plus footage KILLS me, because IT IS SOO stable. Is there any news on a new upcoming DJI phantom?

The only way I could fund the new Vision Plus would be if I sold my beautiful AR15 :( ....But that WILL NOT happen

J Dot said:
I'm in the same boat,
I bought mine ( P2V ) 2 weeks before they announced the PLUS!
At first I was HIGHLY UPSET, but you know, after hearing all the issues
With the plus ( firmware issues ) , and gimbal issues, and YAW issues, ect!
I LOVE MY P2V! I'm actually glad I did not buy the plus!

Here is why:
Since I got my Vision, I've only had 1 FPV DELAY ISSUE, due to
Bad APP UPDATE! I have over 150 flights ( event free ) she flies BEAUTIFULLY!
Like I said above with all the plus issues, in glad I kept my P2V! I'm learning to fly
Really good now, I can actually get VERY good videos on my vision ( not professional ) but good
In the mean time, I've been putting a few bucks away, each week! I'm going to let DJI work the bugs
Out of the plus, by that time I should be close to having enough money to buy ( version 2 ) P2V+ ( without the bugs. )
I'll also be much better at flying stable and slow, if I'm good enough with the vision, I'll be a PRO with
The plus!

Don't beat yourself up, it's really not that bad, the vision is still, a very cool craft! Also This just gives you a reason to buy another! Lol
2 is always better than 1! Heck by that time the P3 might be out!

I do know where you are coming from though! Keep your chin up brother , everything happens for a reason!

Take care, Fly safe!

well as a plus owner with many flights now and no issues at all wifi ,gimbal or anything
I can say remember happy people dont right reviews or go to forums and complain
so for every issue you hear about you can bet there are 1000 happy people out there
its that way with every product or hotel or resort
I have to say I would never go back to my vision
sell yours for what you can and move up ,if you like stable video or photos at all
no stop turn on atti let it drift get a shot and move on
its 20+mph winds fly to what you want to shoot and shoot stable as a rock
remember if you sell your vision for 800 and 500 more for a gimbal its the same as a +
and yes they sell for 800 I sold mine for that just be patient

Attachments

• rsz_1bird.jpg
    rsz_1bird.jpg
    552.1 KB · Views: 531

Ozzyguy said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/380903445210
People were sure the goodlukbuy 2 axis was poor but its proven to be adequate. It will be up to someone who has tried one to comment on how good these are.

The gimbal you linked to is for the Phantom I and Phantom 2. It will not work with the Phantom Vision. I have not heard any positive reviews of the Goodluck gimbal. The Taco is acceptable, but not great. Rotorpixel is the winner, but the Phantom Vision 4+ will be out before you can get one.

I'm on the fence. I think I may skip the Vision ++++ (or whatever follows it) and go directly into an S800EVO or similar.

So what your saying is there is no possible way this could be used with a go pro on a vision? My point is they are out there if you have the will and skill to attach one.

Ozzyguy said:
So what your saying is there is no possible way this could be used with a go pro on a vision? My point is they are out there if you have the will and skill to attach one.

Well, first off, hanging a GoPro off a Vision loses you the FPV right off unless you add in a bunch of stuff to get it back. In addition, I am not sure if you can get those gimbals to work with the main board in the Vision. So unless a person wants to basically re-build/retool a Vision and end up with more weight and fewer options, I'm not sure I see the point.

There are 3rd party gimbals out there that can be used with the Vision, I have the Taco, there's the GoodLuckBut, Rotorpixel, etc. None are 3-axis yet.

Nsrwholesale said:
The only way I could fund the new Vision Plus would be if I sold my beautiful AR15 :( ....But that WILL NOT happen

I'm still thinking of selling one of my stainless Beretta 92FS to fund half of the Plus... :D But my wife keeps telling me I'd regret it, and she's probably right... :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers