Pirated Video

Reaction score
I guess I must be moving up in the world as I just discovered one of my YouTube videos has been pirated by someone faking themselves as "DJI Corp.". The video in question is...

Whereas my video is ...

It appears that this person is 'borrowing' a bunch of peoples videos.

Brian

Thanks. I reported some of the videos to the owners. You need to send a report to YT. Three copy-write strikes and his account should be banned.

P.S. I was not good enough to have videos stolen? WTF!

Thanks. I reported some of the videos to the owners. You need to send a report to YT. Three copy-write strikes and his account should be banned.

P.S. I was not good enough to have videos stolen? WTF!

I did report to YouTube. I may give DJI a ring as they are the ones being faked -- they will not likely appreciate this one bit and they have a lot more to lose.

Brian

I did report to YouTube. I may give DJI a ring as they are the ones being faked -- they will not likely appreciate this one bit and they have a lot more to lose.

The best thing to happen would be to have the person's account shut down. Other than that, he appears to be in Russia.

Yeah, I just pinged iPhonedo and let him know -- can't say I know the others...

My guess is his account will be terminated but he'll create a new one -- still, having him taken offline within a couple days of doing this and with little revenue to show for it might dissuade him from further attempts.

Brian

Last edited:
My guess is his account will be terminated but he'll create a new one -- still, having him taken offline within a couple days of doing this and with little revenue to show for it might dissuade him from further attempts.

If you file a copyright claim than you get all the revenue from the view until the person disputes it.

UPDATE:

So, I informed YT about the violation three days ago and today I got an email saying the pirated video has been removed. It really wasn't hard to see the violation so I'm not hugely surprised it was taken down, but I must say that was a pretty reasonable time frame to do it. Hey, it's not like there was any great investment in my time to produce the video -- twenty minutes of flight time followed by a couple hours of editing, but the bigger issue is the FUD these guys produce when they pirate others videos. This particular guy was using the name "DJI Corp." which would make a lot of people think they were legit. For me personally, I hated seeing my video, which was shot and uploaded in 4K, being crippled by the 720P upload of the pirate -- made my video look bad.

Complete text of the email I just received...

Hi Raptorman0909,

Thank you very much for your notification. The content has been removed.

- The YouTube Team Here is the information you filled in: Copyright Owner Name (Company Name if applicable): Raptorman09009 Your Full Legal Name (Aliases, usernames or initials not accepted): Brian F Stirling Your Title or Job Position (What is your authority to make this complaint?): Brian F Stirling Address: 747 W Twin River Way Apt 2016 Taylorsville, Utah 84123 US Username: Raptorman0909 Email Address: [email protected] Phone: 8014500020 URL of allegedly infringing video to be removed:
Describe the work allegedly infringed: My YouTube video was reuploaded by another user * YouTube URL:
* Where does the content appear? Entire video Country where copyright applies: US I state UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY that: * I am the owner, or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. * I have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and * This notification is accurate. * I acknowledge that under Section 512(f) of the DMCA any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability for damages. * I understand that abuse of this tool will result in termination of my YouTube account. Authorized Signature: Brian F Stirling

Brian

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik