Pink filter (??)

Reaction score
Hi all
I'm a kind of newbie with my phantom 3 advanced. I have flown some 10 times or so.
I noticed that all my videos have a kind of colour distortion. In other words it is like the videos have a kind of pink filter.
This is clearly visible before and after editing.
In this video it is pretty clear (pay attention to the church):
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Is there any option in the settings of dji go that could help me preventing that?
Or, alternatively, do you have suggestions about possible solutions to get rid of that with a editing tool (i use sony movie studio platinum 13)?

Thanks a lot in advance from a newbie!

only a slight hint of pink only on the church when I view it , just lighting and colour of stone , rest of video is fine , if ALL of your videos are pink , it's something wrong with your monitor

No it is not a matter of the monitor since i see the problem on many monitors. I showed the videos to many people and all agree that they see them too "pink".

Take a look at this other video:

Hi all
I'm a kind of newbie with my phantom 3 advanced. I have flown some 10 times or so.
I noticed that all my videos have a kind of colour distortion. In other words it is like the videos have a kind of pink filter.
This is clearly visible before and after editing.
In this video it is pretty clear (pay attention to the church):

Is there any option in the settings of dji go that could help me preventing that?
Or, alternatively, do you have suggestions about possible solutions to get rid of that with a editing tool (i use sony movie studio platinum 13)?

Thanks a lot in advance from a newbie!

Looks as if the videos were shot in the morning or late afternoon from the shadows. I do see "some" pink. Try a Morning/Evening filter if this is your primary shooting time. I used such a filter for years on my film cameras. Worked very well. I have not seen a Morning/Evening filter specifically for the Phantom camera, but I'll bet one is out there.

Looks to me more like a white balance issue. Are you using "auto" white balance? If so, the camera is trying to correct for all the green (trees, grass, etc) in your images. Try manually setting the white balance to an appropriate setting for that day (sunlight, shade, cloudy, etc) instead of using the auto white balance setting. That should take care of the pink problem. :)

Looks to me more like a white balance issue. Are you using "auto" white balance? If so, the camera is trying to correct for all the green (trees, grass, etc) in your images. Try manually setting the white balance to an appropriate setting for that day (sunlight, shade, cloudy, etc) instead of using the auto white balance setting. That should take care of the pink problem. :)

This White Balance suggestion should work and is an acceptable (and often easier) solution when using digital photography. It will also correct for the color or hue of the sun in early morning and evening. This may be easier than using a filter or correcting in post production (Photoshop, Elements, etc.) There is always more than one way to "...skin a cat."

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Pharm
I see the pink but the building appears to be made of faded red brick. If there was truly a pink cast, the grayish roads in the background would also appear pinkish and they don't. Other than being a bit overexposed, the rest of the color looks fine, which wouldn't occur if the white balance was off.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for all your replies.
I know in some videos it might look natural, but believe me it is not. I also compared my videos to the ones taken the same moment with another drone by a friend and the difference is clear.
The suggestion of the white balance sound interesting. I will certainly try that and let you know.
Unfortunately the next time I will be able to use my phantom will be in months.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen