Pilots or Flyers?!

Pilots or Flyers?!

• Pilots

• Flyers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
Which do you prefer to be called? It seems that "pilots" infers a whole lot more onto the drone's owner. I see mainly flyers here, with a scattering of pilots. Overall, which description do YOU prefer?!

I prefer "quadcopter operator" :D

I used to call myself a pilot, I was told it was an insult to "the guys who fly the big birds."

So I called myself an "operator" and then I got a letter from a bunch of workers at the phone company telling me I had no
right to call myself an "operator." If that wasn't enough, a couple of surgeons wanted to know what I "operate on" and laughed because I was calling myself an operator when I didn't have the years of training they required to "operate."

For now I call myself a "flyer" but I expect to get a letter of reprimand from the Printer and Copy Center Association...

But if you HAD to choose one, which is it? There's a poll up top ^^^ please vote!
Just answered the poll. Pilot. I call myself a pilot. Sometimes an operator. I have no problem recognizing that words have multiple meanings. If someone has a problem with others calling themselves "pilots," it is exactly that - their problem not mine.

I'm not looking to ridicule anyone. I was just curious, is all. That's why I didn't make it a "public" poll. It's an anonymous poll. No one will know how you vote.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Oh, oh. Now that I told everyone how I voted...I'd better hide! LOL.
I've known some MDs who feel insulted that a PhD in History can be addressed as "Doctor" and I've known some PhD's who are insulted if they aren't addressed as "Doctor.".
Titles are very important to some people.
Flying is important to me, and I use easy words to describe my fun.

monker thumbup.gif

Why?! I prefer pilot, but "feel" like a flyer. Although, I'm getting enough time on the sticks that I'll probably go with pilot soon. It's not a trick question or a trap or anything of the sort. It's also anonymous. Surely most here have a preference?

Why?! I prefer pilot, but "feel" like a flyer. Although, I'm getting enough time on the sticks that I'll probably go with pilot soon. It's not a trick question or a trap or anything of the sort. It's also anonymous. Surely most here have a preference?
Don't know but 64 have looked and only 4 have voted .

To me, 'flyer' implies that you are actually flying, whereas pilot is someone in control of certain type of vehicle, not necessarily an airplane. I used to drive big gray ships and that is called piloting as well. And when you pull in to a harbor, there was always a harbor pilot to come onboard to help...well...pilot.

Reactions: GoodnNuff and snerd

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20