Piloting a Phantom from inside your car ??

I jave tried it and it is a great fun indeed, however with some limitations.
Best option for me was to rc phantom from passengers front seat, while my lady was driving. Phantom was flying in front of the car and we were adjusting the speed so it could keep up.

It works great when recording car driving among beautiful plateau's, forests etc. Love it.

The best sr

I know this sounds a bit weird, although I'm sure I'm not the first person to do it. Has anyone piloted their Phantom from within their car?

I flew my Vision+ today on a balmy 18F day here at a local park. I didnt really feel all that enthused about wearing 2 layers of thermal underwear to stand outside to fly, so I decided to stay inside my toasty warm car and let the bird enjoy the nasty coldness on it's own. It worked well. I have a 2000mW Sunhans amp and pinwheel antennas on my bird so I was able to get it out to around 4,300 feet before my FPV locked up and I had to perform an RTH to get it back.

The most obvious drawback is holding the controller up high enough so that the half-sphere antenna was able to point out the windshield at the bird. If I want to continue flying like this, I will need to come up with some kind of platform I can rest the controller on so my arms don't get tired holding it in the optimal position for a typical 15 min. flight. I drive a 4-door sedan that doesnt have much room to place the controller on the dash, so that idea is not going to work. I'm going to need to make a platform that rests on top the steering wheel since this is the most ergonomic way I can still manipulate the sticks.

Anyone else try this?

I'm currently testing my antenna cluster mounted on top of my car. I plan on flying from inside my car without having someone drive behind it. I intend to park and take off after a quick setup and fly from my 'control station' inside my car. A single extension cord (seen coiled on the back side) runs from the antenna cluster to my control box which I use to view and control my phantom 2 vision. I'll let you know how the test goes.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    620.2 KB · Views: 326
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 213

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads