Pilot Error!

Reaction score
For my birthday, my son who is an E3 in the Navy, bought me the coolest gift ever, a phantom 3 standard. Had a couple good months with it, but this weekend was shooting some photos at a large indoor stage and while watching the camera backed into a wall and the drone crashed to the ground.

Unit is broke pretty good, and I don't have the heart to tell my son I crashed it, until I fix it.

Here are some pictures:
[file]Crash2|none[/file]
[file]Crash1|none[/file]

I've ordered the following from DJI spare parts:
$2 anti-dropping kit (plastic clips)
$9 Camera vibration absorbing board (X shaped mount)

I'm baffled by the grey and black wires hanging, think I found where they go from another picture in the forums I found:
[file]Crash3|none[/file]

But I'm unclear how do I open those darn little doors on the bottom and how do I know which side is grey and which is black. Guess the gray goes to front and black to side based on position of ribon cable.

Finally where the case has popped out what do I do there? Take off the top and try to snap it back on right?

I have no idea if everything else will work. I've powered it on without props and motors start ok. When I power it off the batter blinks red repeatedly for about 10 seconds while the arms lights flash yellow, maybe it always did that I didn't notice.

Any recommendations on fixing this is really appreciated! Oh, I also ordered some prop guards in case I ever think of flying indoor again!

I'm baffled by the grey and black wires hanging, think I found where they go from another picture in the forums I found:
[file]Crash3|none[/file]

But I'm unclear how do I open those darn little doors on the bottom and how do I know which side is grey and which is black. Guess the gray goes to front and black to side based on position of ribon cable.

!

On the back side of that are 2 screws that hold those on .
And @Private dancer lay off the Caps .Ya killin me :)

Wait, they will fix it even though I crashed it? Crazy cool if so. Especially since I don't know if everything will work after I put these parts back on. Is there a link to the warranty return? I don't have purchase receipt since it was a gift.

Reactions: Private dancer
I totally took the camera
Wait, they will fix it even though I crashed it? Crazy cool if so. Especially since I don't know if everything will work after I put these parts back on. Is there a link to the warranty return? I don't have purchase receipt since it was a gift.
I'm living proof, mine had all wires severed, now all is new, didn't pay a dime, free postage too

Reactions: Xitor
Tell your son thx for his Service!!!... I'd say I trained him if he were army but he's not!!! I'm 22 year army drill sergeant and pershing gulf vet

Reactions: Xitor

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl