Pilot App Working Fine on Android

Reaction score
So I took delivery of my P3 Pro today and after reading through the forum threads I was under the impression that the Android DJI Pilot App was not ready to support the P3, but it appears to work just fine!

This is my first Phantom so the app is all new to me but it registered my Phantom and I am able to have full functionality right off the bat as shown in the picture on my Nexus 7 (2013). Also, I found the delay to be about .25 seconds by my rough estimation with the Nexus 7 so not bad at all.

So why exactly were there people saying that the app wasn't ready - was that DJI saying that or just rumor?

Thanks!

Attachments

• WP_20150501_20_47_58_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150501_20_47_58_Pro.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 453
App was just updated earlier today or later yesterday, so it should work perfectly now. It worked before on some devices, only without all the options.

So I took delivery of my P3 Pro today and after reading through the forum threads I was under the impression that the Android DJI Pilot App was not ready to support the P3, but it appears to work just fine!

This is my first Phantom so the app is all new to me but it registered my Phantom and I am able to have full functionality right off the bat as shown in the picture on my Nexus 7 (2013). Also, I found the delay to be about .25 seconds by my rough estimation with the Nexus 7 so not bad at all.

So why exactly were there people saying that the app wasn't ready - was that DJI saying that or just rumor?

Thanks!
What version of the app are you running? Is it the one on Google Play? I just got my P3P in today and have a Nexium 7 coming in tomorrow. Never used an android device so I'll just down load the app and see how that works. People have been talking about another app ver 1.1 through DJI's site so I'm not sure what to do. Anyone?

I tried the new DJI Pilot app on a junk MediaTek chipset phone. I thought it would outright crash, but It actually worked! It was good enough to activate the phantom and configure some basic settings, but the video lag was unbearable. I guess I'll be waiting for the iOS app before doing any real flying.

All the talk about the app not working is from people that have to much time to speculate without actually having the P3 in hand.
I've been posting since Wednesday that it works just fine.
I flew with the updated app from the dji site today, also works. (1.1.0)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik