Pilot App for iOS not compatible with P3?

Im hoping there updating the ios version of the app to get rid of them black bars top and bottom. From what vids i have seen using a ipad there has been a lot of FPV view lost with a massive black bar along the bottom.

Yeah I think thats the result of the iPad being a 4:3 aspect ratio in contrast to most android tablets and even the iPhone5 through 6+ screens being 16:9. They probably never considered a responsive ui layout.

I'll be using my iPad Air, so I guess I'll probably experience it too. I'd rather have the screen real estate than wasted black space if I'm being honest.

DJI Online support says "Two more days" for iOS compatibility, also according to a DJI forum member...

ahh i hope this is true. my p3 pro is going to be here on friday and i was really hoping to take it out and test out the camera. i just got an email from dji this morning saying that iOS compatibility will be "available within 1 week". of course this was just a boilerplate email that i assume went out to anyone who pre-ordered a p3. hope i get to fly it this weekend :/

Yeah I think thats the result of the iPad being a 4:3 aspect ratio in contrast to most android tablets and even the iPhone5 through 6+ screens being 16:9. They probably never considered a responsive ui layout.

I'll be using my iPad Air, so I guess I'll probably experience it too. I'd rather have the screen real estate than wasted black space if I'm being honest.

Good thinking i forgot about this, i went through the same thing when i got the iphone 6 using there camera app which doesn't take pictures in 16.9, so every time i viewed photos there was big black bars either side of the screen or top and bottom. So now i take all photos with the Procamera app which allows you to change to 16.9, so now photos are full screen on the iphone when viewing, and the picture quality is far far better than the standard iphone app so to speak. Wonder if there is an App for the ipad to change screen size to 16.9. Really hate the black bars. Can you tell. :p:D

Good thinking i forgot about this, i went through the same thing when i got the iphone 6 using there camera app which doesn't take pictures in 16.9, so every time i viewed photos there was big black bars either side of the screen or top and bottom. So now i take all photos with the Procamera app which allows you to change to 16.9, so now photos are full screen on the iphone when viewing, and the picture quality is far far better than the standard iphone app so to speak. Wonder if there is an App for the ipad to change screen size to 16.9. Really hate the black bars. Can you tell. :p:D

ha it bugs me too. soooo much. I'm gonna check into Procamera. That sounds like something i could get into.

Apple's submission process runs very smoothly and all apps are subject to the same process. There is no fast track. DJI's apps wait in line like everyone else. Compliant apps are typically approved in 7-10 days. Rejections usually take less than 48 hours. Rejections are made as soon as the first issue is found. Sloppy apps often go through several rounds of submissions before approval. As result, there is no way for DJI to know it will take x days. It's approved when it passes all the tests.

Most companies earmark 3 to 4 weeks for a new release and 2 weeks for updates. Most importantly, they schedule dependent activities accordingly.

Keep in mind that DJI's apps are probably getting extra scrutiny due to their transgressions in the past with their enterprise license. They are also using the lightning port in a way that is not officially approved by Apple and thus requires additional steps to approve.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1