Pilot app for android is a brutal nightmare on Galaxy Tab S

Thanks Beatnik!
Just tried the Google Play Services method.
For the very first time, I had no app crashes.
Not a single one, while before it would crash constantly.

I am using a "rather humble" Samsung Galaxy S3 (1Gb RAM).

Roll back Google Play Service (uninstall the updates to effect a rollback to prior version(s)

Everyone mention to "downgrade" Google Play Service and/or Google maps. That is kind of a generic statement...not?.
Can we please know the version/build numbers to roll back too? Does it not depend on what version of Android you are to know what version of these apps will be installed by default with the ROM and automagically upgraded with updates?
If we know the working build numbers for these - we know we are on the correct versions.

Thanks

On My Tab

Android Version 5.0.2
Build LRX22G.T700XXU1BOE3
In Apps Google Play Services 6.7.77 (1747363-436)
Google Play Store 5.1.11

I see there is a new play services version out. Have been unable to fly and test though. Doubt it helps but wishful thinking.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

I've Note 4 with Android 4.4.4 and the video feed stutter, i would like to know if someone has been able to get a smooth video feed with which solution (Google Play, Video cache or whatever), i noticed that there is no option for hardware decoding in latest DJI GO app 2.0.2

I've Note 4 with Android 4.4.4 and the video feed stutter, i would like to know if someone has been able to get a smooth video feed with which solution (Google Play, Video cache or whatever), i noticed that there is no option for hardware decoding in latest DJI GO app 2.0.2
I fly with a note 4 and I have to say I was getting frustrated with the app crashes. So, I did the downgrade of the google play services, unchecked the video cache in the go app, and I haven't had a app crash yet and the fpv view is non lagging.

Reactions: StevenQX
I fly with a note 4 and I have to say I was getting frustrated with the app crashes. So, I did the downgrade of the google play services, unchecked the video cache in the go app, and I haven't had a app crash yet and the fpv view is non lagging.
Which version of google play services you have after downgrading? Thanks

Which version of google play services you have after downgrading? Thanks
Actually, I don't even know. It's not even in my application manager.
I just uninstalled the updates til I couldn't anymore and even disabled the app, but disabling it made other app complain to I enabled it again.
I am running android version 5.0.1 on the note 4
Ok... found the google play services version. v6.7.77

Last edited:
Actually, I don't even know. It's not even in my application manager.
I just uninstalled the updates til I couldn't anymore and even disabled the app, but disabling it made other app complain to I enabled it again.
I am running android version 5.0.1 on the note 4
Actually mine is 6.5.87, i hope it will be enough to have a smooth FPV. Anyway all the other app like hangouts, calendar, maps, photo complain for the updated service even if maps for example still works

Actually mine is 6.5.87, i hope it will be enough to have a smooth FPV. Anyway all the other app like hangouts, calendar, maps, photo complain for the updated service even if maps for example still works
Well, I hope it works out for you!
I will be getting my HDMI board for my controller in a few days, so I shouldn't have any lag at all when viewing on a separate monitor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers