Pilot App and fw v1.3.20

Reaction score
Just upgraded the firmware to version 1.3.20 on my Phantom 3 Advanced.
Also did upgrade the RC and extra batteries.
Logfiles reportet success on all.

After upgrade I did a IMU-calibration, gimball-calibration and RC-calibration.

Did a normal preflight rutine, put the Galaxy 6 in Flightmode, check batteries, calibrate compass, checked RTH hight and so on..

As I was getting ready to take off, I got "disconnected" in the Pilot app (v1.2.0 - Android)

Restarted the app, and everything appeared to be ok.

Auto-takeoff, hoovered nicly, no drifting. Never had any problems with v1.2.8 either.

Did a short test-flight around the cabin, elevation aboat 40 meters, range about 60-70 meters.

Started to approach home, and when the bird was 15-20 meters away, I got "Diconected" again !!

After another app restart, it appeard to be working.

Landed the bird safely.

Any issues with v1.3.20 and the Pilot App ?

When i first installed the Pilot App, i noticed there where a lot of menues/settings that where changed/removed after i connected the RC and P3A.
I assume that the Pilot app is genecic, and will recive config from the RC and Phantom.

Should I removed and reinstall the app after FW-upgrade ?

Hi..my team has a phantom 3 professional..flying with galaxy note 4...flawless...1 of friend tried to fly same phantom with his note 4...a little bit lack, app crash and restart...we found out that the 1st note had android 5.01 and my friend's note had 4.4.4...after he update his android...work flawlessly

I have updated I have never had my app restart but have noticed that the range that I lose video signal has been reduced by almost half what it was before I updated to the latest version. 1.3.20

Reactions: Mike Mauk
upgrade to the Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware v1.3.20 or not?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj