Picture quality

Reaction score
Very new to this, love the vision plus. See attached pic for distortion, eg) steeple of church. Any advice? Thanks guys.
SJChurch9.JPG

Wide angle lenses distort the image, nothing you can do. But if you keep the horizon in the middle of the frame horizontally (not good composition) and tall things like the steeple in the middle vertically (also no good composition wise ) then the distortion is less visible.. so to sum up, middle of the lens gives little to no distortion and the further things get to the corners of the frame the more distortion.
think like a cross hair in a scope, the lines of the crosshair gives less to no distortion.
But if you like to have a good composition (rule of thirds) then you just have to live with the fact that the image will be distorted, only way around is with software corrections.

Reactions: MeMbrain
Wide angle lenses distort the image, nothing you can do. But if you keep the horizon in the middle of the frame horizontally (not good composition) and tall things like the steeple in the middle vertically (also no good composition wise ) then the distortion is less visible.. so to sum up, middle of the lens gives little to no distortion and the further things get to the corners of the frame the more distortion.
think like a cross hair in a scope, the lines of the crosshair gives less to no distortion.
But if you like to have a good composition (rule of thirds) then you just have to live with the fact that the image will be distorted, only way around is with software corrections.
Thanks Tendon, can you recommend a software that would correct?

I use GIMP to remove fisheye distortion from photographs taken with my P2V+.
There are videos on youtube that show how to do it.
You import your photo then go to Filters-Distorts-Lens Distortions
set the "main" to -55 to -60 and the "edge" to +10 to 12.
Straight Lines!!!
It works pretty well and it's free.

For video I use Prodrenaline by Prodad. They are in Germany. I'm in the US in So Cal. It works great. They have a preset for the P2V+ and it works! 40 bucks. They have all kinds of software but this is the one I chose. Good luck!

SJChurch9GIMP.JPG

A little better. I did this in about one minute. If you take your time you can get very good results.

I use GIMP to remove fisheye distortion from photographs taken with my P2V+.
There are videos on youtube that show how to do it.
You import your photo then go to Filters-Distorts-Lens Distortions
set the "main" to -55 to -60 and the "edge" to +10 to 12.
Straight Lines!!!
It works pretty well and it's free.

For video I use Prodrenaline by Prodad. They are in Germany. I'm in the US in So Cal. It works great. They have a preset for the P2V+ and it works! 40 bucks. They have all kinds of software but this is the one I chose. Good luck!
Thank you!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl