Picture progress... Slowly learning how to use the P3P.

Reaction score
Really like this photo. Learning slowly the best settings and ISO values, as well as to let the quad hover before taking the picture.

I don't love this one, but the sunset is cool. The top half and bottom half have too much light contrast.

Reactions: lotusteve
With permission (of course) I took a picture from above of a bunch of people practicing

Really like this photo. Learning slowly the best settings and ISO values, as well as to let the quad hover before taking the picture.

I don't love this one, but the sunset is cool. The top half and bottom half have too much light contrast.

Nice pictures Harry.

Hi,
I am not certain what settings you are using but you might get more vibrant photos if you shoot in RAW and post process them in Lightroom or Photoshop. You could reduce the highlights and increase the light in the shadows which would really make your pictures stand out.

Hi,
I am not certain what settings you are using but you might get more vibrant photos if you shoot in RAW and post process them in Lightroom or Photoshop. You could reduce the highlights and increase the light in the shadows which would really make your pictures stand out.

Hi,
Hope you don't mind but I just did a quick post process on one of your images to show what I mean in my post - you may hate it but you may like it also.

They are nice but could use some post processing to bring out the contrast & color. Like others said, shoot in RAW. It gives you the most to work with later.

I also edited them for fun. These took a minute or so each with a very basic editor (built in Preview in OS X). How you want the final result is up to you. Here is what I did...

DJI_0047_zpshqop8bul.jpg
DJI_0023 1_zpsjrxvlpno.jpg
DJI_0013_zps7zpobuak.jpg
DJI_0034_zpspn5fgoij.jpg
DJI_0004_zpsvydyfsb6.jpg

They are nice but could use some post processing to bring out the contrast & color. Like others said, shoot in RAW. It gives you the most to work with later.

I also edited them for fun. These took a minute or so each with a very basic editor (built in Preview in OS X). How you want the final result is up to you. Here is what I did...

View attachment 32721 View attachment 32722 View attachment 32723 View attachment 32724View attachment 32725

WOW love what you did!!!!! I have a Mac as well, I'll shoot in RAW and try that in preview next time!!!

WOW love what you did!!!!! I have a Mac as well, I'll shoot in RAW and try that in preview next time!!!
Use the editor in Photos on your Mac as it has more options. You don't necessarily need a high dollar program like Photoshop, it helps, but it's not necessary. You can also edit video on your Mac in a similar way. If you haven't already experiment with iMovie a bit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers