Picture perfect auto water landing was sickening.

So, if you trigger RTH when the bird is within a 20-meter radius of the Home Point, she will come down and land where it is within that radius when you trigger the RTH (not the actual Home point marked with GPS).
Correct.

I think what they were trying to explain that if the bird is outside the 20-meter radius when RTH is triggered it will return to the RTH point marked wit GPS
Before your Phantom returns home, it will ascend to the RTH altitude. If that setting is above 65 feet and you touch the throttle while your Phantom is ascending between 65 feet and your RTH altitude setting in DJI GO, your Phantom will stop ascending and start returning home at its current altitude.

Thanks much. I believe you are correct. I have not been able to duplicate without the drone. I assume the auto takeoff icon turns into auto land after airborne.
Just use the button on the remote itself. It's much easier and it's the only button you can reach with your right thumb.
Hold it down for 2 seconds, it will blink and the P3 will begin RTH. Tap it again and the P3 will cancel RTH.
Easy-smeasy.

Reactions: ray rokni
Beware fellow flyers. As a boat dealer, I use my drone primarily for shots of boats on the water for marketing purposes. After a successful mission, I initiated an auto landing and began walking back to my home point. Not hearing her return, I looked back and watched her land in the waterway and she's unrecoverable.

I had walked away from home point to the waters edge for the action and initiated the auto land from there.

As I have seen in other posts, she lands in place if within 66' at the time. This is undocumented and sickening. I should have maintained visual, but DJI needs to make this more clear. I had done many previous successful auto landings.

Question: Can I purchase another aircraft only and use my controller?

Sorry for your loss but the manual dose clearly states on page 13 if RTH is triggered within 20m (65) Feet) radius of the home point the craft will automatically land

Just use the button on the remote itself. It's much easier and it's the only button you can reach with your right thumb.
Hold it down for 2 seconds, it will blink and the P3 will begin RTH. Tap it again and the P3 will cancel RTH.
Easy-smeasy.
Button? On my remote I have switches.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Button? On my remote I have switches.
For the P3S, you can toggle the S1 switch or cancel RTH from within the DJI GO app. Here's some more information from the Phantom manual:

RTH.png

Reactions: 66Fury
Return to home over water (or other terrain) isn't so scary if you know that it will land without damage or simply float on the surface until you retrieve it. Our latest video shows some really cool landings that would have otherwise ruined the drone (or at least the camera) but had no damage at all.

The campaign ends on Monday, so time is running short to get a WaterStrider for $159 from our production runs in June and July (June is already full). There are more great videos on our campaign page. You can find the campaign link in my signature below. Check it out.

Reactions: Dounin Front
Return to home over water (or other terrain) isn't so scary if you know that it will land without damage or simply float on the surface until you retrieve it. Our latest video shows some really cool landings that would have otherwise ruined the drone (or at least the camera) but had no damage at all.

The campaign ends on Monday, so time is running short to get a WaterStrider for $159 from our production runs in June and July (June is already full). There are more great videos on our campaign page. You can find the campaign link in my signature below. Check it out.

That is so low! Hijack a guy's thread regarding his loss and making it an opportunity to advertise your shitty product? Seriously, wow.

$159 lol

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: hidaven and henick
@rcheing
Sorry about that! The intent wasn't to hijack at all, and I'm sorry if it came across that way. As I indicated earlier in the thread, I have lost drones in water as well and it truly sucks. I was really just trying to be helpful.

Reactions: Dounin Front
@rcheing
Sorry about that! The intent wasn't to hijack at all, and I'm sorry if it came across that way. As I indicated earlier in the thread, I have lost drones in water as well and it truly sucks. I was really just trying to be helpful.

Don't these skids decrease battery, speed, maneuverability, etc etc etc

@ray rokni Thanks for the question. I don't want to capitalize this particular thread. The short answer is that there is some effect on these things, but it is not as pronounced as you might anticipate by just looking at it. There are actually a lot of compelling benefits as well. The WaterStrider may look a bit big and bulky, but it's actually very lightweight and aerodynamic.

I'd suggest going to the KS page in my signature (the campaign actually ends today) for a lot more information. You can also look through a dedicated thread on this forum at:
Introducing WaterStrider—Make Confident Takeoffs & Landings Anywhere

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues