Picture in picture video of GroundStation flight

skyecamprod said:
All,
I put together this video to show how flying in GS with waypoints looks.

Please note that the video is raw, not stabilized or color-corrected.

This P2 has a Boscam T352, H32D, GoPro 3+ Black and DJI GS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q22u-W6_swE

Nice. I assume the iPad records the flight as a movie? Also, while flying, can you yaw the phantom to look in a direction other than straight ahead or is that part of the flight plan?

Ground station definitely looks like its next on my list

Why did it turn two different ways over the tennis courts? Did you program that?

This may be a dumb question, but I'm a Ground Station newb - was this with the iPad Ground Station or the PC Ground Station?

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

ianwood said:
Why did it turn two different ways over the tennis courts? Did you program that?

I didn't program that, in reviewing the video, this seems like it didn't reach the coordinates and went back maybe?

This is iPad GS with screen recording

skyecamprod said:
ianwood said:

I didn't program that, in reviewing the video, this seems like it didn't reach the coordinates and went back maybe?

This is iPad GS with screen recording

That's what I thought. I don't have a ground station but I can't think of reason it would do that. Once it has reached its waypoint and turns for the next it shouldn't turn back unless it's programmed to do that.

I just got my ground station and started to play with it in simulation mode, at each way point they list a few options stop and turn, back turn or adaptive. I cant really find any info on what these do yet..

groundstation2.jpg

ianwood said:

It does that when you don't program in the type of turn you want it to make. That's it's kind of "loiter mode"

Re: turn modes - simulator must have error in spelling should be bank turn - -the turns stop & turn = goes to way point sits 3 secs then turns to next w/p. Bank turn = it turns just as it gets to w/p turning towards next way point. Adaptive turn = it turns sooner than bank turn IE: wide sweeping turn much earlier than bank turn.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-07 at 7.25.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-07 at 7.25.48 AM.png
    66 KB · Views: 545
skyecamprod said:
All,
I put together this video to show how flying in GS with waypoints looks.

Please note that the video is raw, not stabilized or color-corrected.

This P2 has a Boscam T352, H32D, GoPro 3+ Black and DJI GS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q22u-W6_swE

What did you use to record Ipad screen?

Mmmm didn't look any smoother than a hum would fly it, maybe even a little worse. For it to work I am assuming it always has to be in GPS mode so it knows where to fly? That leads to micro adjustments in flight. Not too bad though and it could be sorted in post.

Shrimpfarmer said:
Mmmm didn't look any smoother than a hum would fly it, maybe even a little worse. For it to work I am assuming it always has to be in GPS mode so it knows where to fly? That leads to micro adjustments in flight. Not too bad though and it could be sorted in post.

There's alot of variables that come into play... you can adjust the speed of your flight - going really slow makes it vulnerable to winds & shift. In his video he's doing like 8 mph - I find 10 -12 is better for video, faster if windy.

It would be really useful if you could make it face one way and fly another. Perhaps the OP could do some tests for us and post here please. What happens if you yaw whilst its enroute to a waypoint?

It won't let you yaw or control anything other than the tilt of the gimbal while flying a GS mission. You have to switch to ATTI and back to GPS to take full control.

Shrimpfarmer said:

I agree, it is a little choppy following the coordinate path. I'll try a little faster mph, as suggested, to see if it is any smoother.

I used "Screen Recorder" to record the iPad screen. It is only available on jailbroken devices from the Cydia store. The iPad is a mini with Verizon LTE.

I will play around with the app some more to work on the camera direction

As for the weird pan it did, I selected "Stop & Turn" for all 3 waypoints with a 3 second hold, so still not sure why it did 2 pans at the second waypoint. You can see the flight plan if you pause the YouTube in the first second.

skyecamprod said:
Shrimpfarmer said:

I agree, it is a little choppy following the coordinate path. I'll try a little faster mph, as suggested, to see if it is any smoother.

I used "Screen Recorder" to record the iPad screen. It is only available on jailbroken devices from the Cydia store. The iPad is a mini with Verizon LTE.

I will play around with the app some more to work on the camera direction

As for the weird pan it did, I selected "Stop & Turn" for all 3 waypoints with a 3 second hold, so still not sure why it did 2 pans at the second waypoint. You can see the flight plan if you pause the YouTube in the first second.

Prob still working out the bugs.. I just got mine as well and will be running a few tests..

EMCSQUAR said:
ianwood said:

It does that when you don't program in the type of turn you want it to make. That's it's kind of "loiter mode"

Re: turn modes - simulator must have error in spelling should be bank turn - -the turns stop & turn = goes to way point sits 3 secs then turns to next w/p. Bank turn = it turns just as it gets to w/p turning towards next way point. Adaptive turn = it turns sooner than bank turn IE: wide sweeping turn much earlier than bank turn.

Yea I found that that also in the pc manual, here is visual rep of that..

b5f5d645209d6a0a0fb63cfd3cd3ee267cee8b1247.png

edit.. hmm image seems broke here is the the link http://new.tinygrab.com/b5f5d645209d6a0a0fb63cfd3cd3ee267cee8b1247.png

I've been using adaptive turn for most missions because it gives the smoothest turn. Its not perfect either though because sometimes you will get a little jerk - almost as if it forgot to make its turn until the last minute and then remembers.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20