Pics From Okinawa Japan (Ongoing)

Reaction score
I'm going to dedicate a thread to pics I'm taking here in Japan. I'll continuously add more. For reference, I have a P3A and use Lightroom for editing. Additional equipment: Polar Pro 6 piece ND Filter set. I'm VERY new to this and by no means consider myself experienced. So hopefully these pics should get better as the thread progresses.

Camera settings for the pics below: Raw+JPEG/ISO100/AEB 5 Shots/everything else set to manual or "none". Also used ND/PL 16 filter.

Seawall Polished 2.jpg
Seawall Polished.jpg

Reactions: Ron Burgundy
Very nice! I was in Kadena AFB back in '86. I never went with my buddies into Naha but I kick myself for not joining them.

Reactions: fropleyqk
I was posted on Camp Kinser for a while. I miss Okinawa's beautiful scenery. Is that the Sunabe Sea Wall?

Cool I'm based in Fukuoka Japan so its great seeing those Japanese pics. Just remember to respect the laws as Japna has places you can't fly now. I've included a screen shot and link. If caught flying in a red zone it's a 500,000 yen fine.

Gyazo - 6fc9cda9bbf9213d7cb44e742feba37b.png
DJI-安全飛行: 飛行禁止エリア
Wow! Incredibly useful link. Thank you. I was unaware. Admittedly, a couple of these may have originated in red zones. I'll be more careful from this point. Thanks.

Wow! Incredibly useful link. Thank you. I was unaware. Admittedly, a couple of these may have originated in red zones. I'll be more careful from this point. Thanks.

Yeah same here man! On my unboxing video I took my drone down to the main cities park which was a big fat red zone. So best to be careful as we don't want to piss off the Japanese gods.

WoW this is beautiful, Okinawa huh?, this looks way different from what Mr. Miyagui showed Daniel in Karate Kid 2 ;)

Reactions: fropleyqk
I've gotten a bit smarter over the past weeks when it comes to photography. ISO is still left at 100 since all of my shots are in blinding sunlight. No aperture adjustment (obviously) which only leaves shutter speed. I've found turning on "over exposure" warning has helped when adjusting shutter speed. All my photos are shot in RAW with no effects, white balance adjustments etc. I've also gone back to the stock lens (no ND filters). I like the photos to be as natural as possible before taking them into Lightroom. I still do bracket shots but 3 instead of 5. When you do 5 it locks up the video feed for about 10 seconds. Don't like losing visibility for that long.

If you're shooting in bright sunlight, setting ISO to 100 is probably best. Low light shots will require tweaks. And again, since you can't adjust aperture, raise ISO for lower light conditions should still be enough to to get great shots with a little trial and error with shutter speed.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub