Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Pick n Pluck Foam - where to buy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CJ31, Mar 2, 2014.

1. CJ31

I'm getting the etech weekender 2.0 bag/backpack for my phantom that was posted in another thread for my P2 zenmuse. My son and I need something that we can hike with for scouting events and this bag seems perfect. I got it on sale so it was a decent price.

Now I need to order pick and pluck foam for the inside. Anyone have a good source? I found Foam by mail here
    http://www.foambymail.com/charcoal-pick-and-pluck-foam.html

But they also have anti static foam that says it's for electronics. Is the anti static needed? I would just get it, but I'd really rather not have pink foam when I pop open the case in front of a bunch of boy scouts :lol:
    http://www.foambymail.com/anti-static-pick-and-pluck-foam.html

Any input is appreciated.

2. catattacksdog

You don't need the pink stuff. I ordered mine from foam factory dot Com. They had pretty fast shipping. It is a super flexible foam though; may not be good for a back pack

3. Timtro

The biggest problem I have with Pick N Pluck foam in camera cases is that it doesn't last very long, which is why I bought a case for my P2V that has a different kind of foam. I also found that I could often buy another case with the foam for about the same cost as the replacement foam seperately.

4. tgrizzle73

I ordered from foam by mail for my alluminum case and was very pleased with what I ordered. Shipping was fast and the quality was suitable for exactly what I needed. I ordered the egg crate topper, the 3" pick and pluck, and the 3" foam. I ended up not using the 3" foam.