Physically Setting Pitch on Goodlucksell Gimbal?

Reaction score
My Goodluckysell gimbal arrived today. Woot!

So easy to install, so smooth...can't wait for the snow to stop so I can do my first test.

Here's my dilemma: I don't have either a pitch lever or receiver. I'm kinda at the mercy of the default level setting.

That's fine, but it seems to me I read somewhere that you can manually change the pitch when you plug it in somehow. I can't find that thread again (it might not even have been on this forum).

Basically what I want to know is if there's a way to have the camera pitch slightly down, and have it stay that way. Without having any electronic signal that dictates that.

Thanks for your help!

TheMattSanner said:
My Goodluckysell gimbal arrived today. Woot!

So easy to install, so smooth...can't wait for the snow to stop so I can do my first test.

Here's my dilemma: I don't have either a pitch lever or receiver. I'm kinda at the mercy of the default level setting.

That's fine, but it seems to me I read somewhere that you can manually change the pitch when you plug it in somehow. I can't find that thread again (it might not even have been on this forum).

Basically what I want to know is if there's a way to have the camera pitch slightly down, and have it stay that way. Without having any electronic signal that dictates that.

Thanks for your help!

I'm also waiting on the same gimbal. From all the research I have made I can tell you that what you re trying to do is possible, either via NAZA or by the gimbal software.

so are goodluckbuy and goodlucksell gimballs two completely seperate companies, or is this just a joke in the phantom world?

am i missing something?

Hey...thanks, but that video is still about connecting the gimbal to a signal that controls the pitch.

I don't have a receiver, and as I said, I think there's a way to physically (manually, not electronically) set the camera to point down just a bit. That's the solution I'm hoping to find.

Or I could be crazy and I misread the instructions earlier...that's entirely possible. :)

In the video he's attaching that gimbal to his X1 channel of the NAZA. Whether you have the lever to move it or not doesn't matter, you still have the internal screw (backside of your transmitter) to adjust the position up or down. Check out other videos of how to add tilt control to your gimbal.

TheMattSanner said:
I don't have a receiver, and as I said, I think there's a way to physically (manually, not electronically) set the camera to point down just a bit. That's the solution I'm hoping to find.

I believe you are looking for this: http://www.basecamelectronics.com/simplebgc/

The goodluckbuy (goodlucksell is a misspell on a youtube tutorial vid that causes this anomaly and confusion) gimbal uses simble BGC software and is able to be manually adjusted through the onboard gui using the software at the above link-

The only question is, which version does your goodluckbuy use?
The various independent makers over in China (there are a few folks making this gimbal as the board is open source software) use one of those listed- mine happens to be 2.0. There is a port on the card on the gimbal for connecting to a computer- download the interface and play at your own risk.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl