Physical Maps

Reaction score
Hello All,
I am seeking to have a physical map of the location of Air Ports in the US to ensure that I do not fly within an airspace without prior notification.

Does anyone know how to obtain the physical maps?

Thanks,
Makiza

Hello
animated-smileys-waving-015.gif

Welcome to the forum and the addiction er hobby :)

I'm sure there are places online where you can get physical maps but AirMap.io is an excellent smart phone ap that does the trick too.

Reactions: makiza
Yeah, it's an addiction. I'll check out the app. I will look for a method to have physical maps. This way I will always have a backup.

The best physical map is the FAA Section Chart for the area where you wish to fly. Best to Google FAA Sectional Charts Online to obtain what you want.

I use FAA B4UFly app.
I'm questioning it's completeness though and doesn't provide airport contact info.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Use AirMap - MUCH more complete, million times better.

Also OP was asking about physical maps and sectional charts for airspace, B4UFLY isn't a robust mapping app (for sectionals).

Also: Neither AirMap nor B4UFly have as much info as the sectional charts on Skyvector.

I should add that depending on your purpose - B4UFly is hobbyist info, 107 pilots should use sectionals and more robust apps like AirMap.

Last edited:
Use AirMap - MUCH more complete, million times better.

Also OP was asking about physical maps and sectional charts for airspace, B4UFLY isn't a robust mapping app (for sectionals).

Also: Neither AirMap nor B4UFly have as much info as the sectional charts on Skyvector.

I should add that depending on your purpose - B4UFly is hobbyist info, 107 pilots should use sectionals and more robust apps like AirMap.
Definitely agree

Reactions: DroneOnNDP

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr