PHT loses altitude

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Hope this helps me in the direction I need to take, but I have now replaced all my ESC cards, motors, and rotors. I am up-to-date with my firm ware both Futuba and PH2.

The problem I'm having is when I move the PHT backwards it seems as though it loses connection and falls from hovering position that it is in... I've taking to a few places and they have claimed to have fixed it but I'm still having the same issue. :cry:

Here is a video I took of the problem.

http://youtu.be/kBodzCC8BNQ

If anyone can shed some light on this issue please let me know? Could it be my GPS compass? Naza?

Thank you!

+1 on gains (vertical) here's some info on gains

1) Basic Gain
Pitch and Roll: To the gains of Pitch and Roll, if you release the Pitch or Roll stick after command stick, multi-rotor should be back to hovering state. If the reaction of multi-rotor in this procedure is too soft (large delay), please increase the basic gain slowly (10%-15% each time) until vibration emerges after you release the stick. Then decrease the gain a little until vibration just disappears. Now the gain is perfect, but the reaction of the attitude change is slow. You can follow the way introduced at the end of this section to tune the attitude gains.
Yaw:The way of tuning the Yaw gain is the same as the way of adjusting the Tail Gyro. If you want fast stick reaction speed, increase the gain, otherwise decrease the gain. However, the spin of multi-rotor is produced by the counter torque force, and the magnitude of which is limited. Therefore, large gain will not produce tail vibration like helicopter, but severe reaction at the start or stop of motors, which will affect the stabilization of the other directions.
Vertical: You use two methods to judge if the Vertical gain is good enough: 1) The multi-rotor can lock the altitude when the throttle stick is at center position; 2) The change of altitude is small during the flight along a route. You can increase the gain slowly (10% each time) until the vibration emerges along the vertical direction or the reaction of throttle stick is too sensitive, then decrease 20% of the gain. Now it is a suitable Vertical gain.

Do you still have the original DJI transmitter? Why not try the original transmitter to see if it gives the same or different results. Different results indicate the issue is with the transmitter. Similar results indicate the issue is with the Phantom. Hopefully this will narrow down where to look for the problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav