Photostitcher for Mac review

Reaction score
The other week there was an interesting thread about someone needing to do a 10 acre aerial and discussion about how to do it. some folks recommended Microsoft's ICE program which seems good for microsoft but some of us (smartly!) use macs. :)
I do a lot of land work and since getting my 107 license I've been looking at different options for mac. I have started using Photostitcher. It can be bought in the App store for $19.99 and if you go to their site you can get a free trial version to see how you like it (though you can't save your creation on the trial version).
I am thus far VERY happy with this program!
Attached is an aerial I did today for a 10+ acre tract of land. I flew high so as to minimize # of shots needed so I was at about 385 to 390' and stitched this image together with 9 individual pictures. To give some context on the size of the parcel, it has about 920+ feet of frontage on the main road and about 530+ on the side road at the left hand side of the image.
Photostitcher made this as easy as uploading the pictures, hitting the "stitch" button, and poof...2 minutes later everything stitched and aligned. Edges had some black voids which can happen with stitching but was able to crop it out as it does not impact the area I was capturing.
I am super happy with this program and it sure made it easy and I am looking forward to the other parcels I can use this for on a regular basis.

Attachments

• 10 Acre Drone Aerial Highlighted.jpg
    9.8 MB · Views: 290
As another point of reference, here is #1 of 9 shots that were taken to make the image posted above so you can see what the P3P camera would have captured on it's own at about 390' without any stitching.
P.S. You will see some blacked out areas at bottom right of the picture in the first post that I hadn't cropped out yet so you can see what I am talking about on the edges.....
DJI_0702.JPG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers