Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Photoshop CS6 for fisheye removal what works best ?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by Jay, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Jay

Jay

Hi All
    I'm new to editing and wanted to know what is the best method to remove the fisheye affect using Ps CS6 ? Also any other advise for what works well for enhancing photos with this software would be very much appreciated.

2. Stealthdude

Install the fc200 lens profile from dji into the cs6 list, works fine for me.

3. Jay

Jay

Yes i have tried that but it blurs it a bit on the edges as it seems to stretch.Was wondering if there is other methods

4. MikeON

Try the Adaptive Wide Angle filter. Set correction to Fisheye. Focal length 5mm. Crop Factor about 4. You then draw a line across the horizon with the mouse. The line will have a curvature based on what you set for Crop Factor. It will then straighten the line, thus flattening the horizon. You can then right click on the line and click horizontal. It will pinch in the edges of the image and require cropping. But I think it gives less overall degradation than Lens Correction filter.

5. Jay

Jay

Ok thanks for that i will give it a go.

6. mikegentile

I use a rage cam 5.8mm lens. It is roughly equivilent to a 24mm lens for a 5d. No distortion and it uses the full sensor of the gopro

www.sdsurfdrone.com