Photos

Reaction score
I see plenty of video posting what about showing some of your photos off in this thread, here's one from the ground and one from the air. I have had to scale the images to get the file sizes down enough to be able to attach them - the site limit is 600kb.

Attachments

• IMG_9203-1.jpg
    IMG_9203-1.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 1,902
  • DJI00030 Edit.JPG
    DJI00030 Edit.JPG
    232.7 KB · Views: 1,886
I took this one today. It's raw processed in photoshop. And of course downsized to fit on this forum.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1392520917.782887.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1392520917.782887.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 1,874
ResevorDG, I hope you don't mind that I downloaded your nice evening photo from Flickr and did some noise removal, sharpening and colour adjusting just to find out how these jpeg photos from P2V can take some post processing? I kind of overcooked it like when processing HDR-photos. By the way, did you shoot these originally as jpg or dng?

I still haven't received my own P2V ordered from Netherlands, so it's nice to find these sample photos and try to find out what kind on quality one can tinker out of them. With a carefull raw processing, noise removal and sharpening, photos from P2V can give you quite nice results at least when used no larger than in web size.

-jonzalez-

Attachments

• ResevorDG_sample_edit3.jpg
    ResevorDG_sample_edit3.jpg
    579.3 KB · Views: 1,751
Here is a drop box link to the original untouched dng.
You will need the latest camera raw or light room to open it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tq7itic4ee3hutu/DJI00004.DNG
Keep in mind that there is much less noise at ISO 100. This camera is not so good at low light.

Your edits look good, what did you do to give it some HDR effects?

And this is the JPG with no edits.

DJI00004 2 by resevordg, on Flickr

Thanks for the original dng-file download link, ResevorDG!

Again I did some tweeking starting with the dng-file and there are absolutely more possibilities in adjusting the image with the raw-file. All I did is just adjust the colours, contrast and shadows/highlights in Photoshop after raw conversion. And some noise removal and sharpening.

And yes you are absolutely right. The noise from this size of sensor (small) is definitely a problem, so the shooting higher than 100 ISO should be avoided when ever possible. Fortunately there are some good plugins to remove the noise from the photos. I'm using the Nik Software Dfine in Lightroom and Photoshop, but there are many other choices too.

Here is another raw conversion from your original dng-file. This time just a little bit less of HDR-feeling.

-jonzalez-

Attachments

• ResevorDG_raw_edit1.jpg
    ResevorDG_raw_edit1.jpg
    586.9 KB · Views: 1,683
ResevorDG said:
Seahorse - Photo 2 of the Church is beautiful.
I am guessing the is in Hampshire? That's where your handle says you are from. Very good looking place.

Yes it is, it's a couple of miles from my home. It's the last remaining building from Netley Hospital, which now site in the middle of a beautiful park overlooking the Solent.

The sun finally came out this morning, this is from Warsash:

Attachments

• DJI00083-1.jpg
    DJI00083-1.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 1,682
The American South West.
This is from the Bradshaw Mountains just outside of Crown King Arizona. There are pine trees in Crown King but that's a few miles down the road. Here is is just scrub brush recovering from a big fire that almost wiped out the town a few years ago.

DJI00020 by resevordg, on Flickr

Hi socaljohn,

I hope that you don't mind, but I downloaded some of your samples and compared them at 100% size (pixel level) with some other samples of P2V photos found from the web. For my eyes there seems to be quite a big difference. The noise on your pics seems to be much higher and there's also difference in contrast and sharpness.

From the meta data I noticed, that you shot those at 100 ISO, so I wonder why there is so much noise on these, when you look at them at 100% size? Could this be because of the slightly misfocused lens?

Here is a comparison sample I made. Both are 800 x 800 pixels from the center of the photo. The upper photo was shot with less light available, so I think it should also have more noise? What do you think?

I should receive my own P2V with the gimbal this week, so I certainly hope my camera is not misfocused or badly alligned.

-jonzalez-

Attachments

• soft_vs_sharp.jpg
    soft_vs_sharp.jpg
    442.1 KB · Views: 383
Hello, thanks for pointing that out. I don't know if the lens is off or if I need to change something in the settings. Guess I will have to go out and fly again today with different settings and check out the results. :D I was using picassa to upload the photos and made some changes, I wonder if that is causing an issues.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj