Photography Enquiry.

Reaction score
Evening All,

I have recently been approached from a member of my local village regarding purchasing a digital copy of a recent shot I got of our village in the evening hours. I understand that for "commercial" use a licence would be required to generate some revenue from the shots taken but would that be the same just for family and friends as its not really on a commercial level such as travel agents and news papers.

I cant really find much on the CAA website regarding selling the odd photo here and there.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Best,

Ben

As I understand the rules and regs, you cannot take payment for any shots or video without a licence regardless of who it is and what its for.

I make that perfectly clear prior to any flights.

However, I have had 'donations' of wine eggs dinners out etc. to help pay for my fuel.

As I understand the rules and regs, you cannot take payment for any shots or video without a licence regardless of who it is and what its for.

I make that perfectly clear prior to any flights.

However, I have had 'donations' of wine eggs dinners out etc. to help pay for my fuel.

I see, Basically until I manage to gain my licence I cant accept payment from any Tom, **** or Harry.

I appreciate that,

Many thanks

I see, Basically until I manage to gain my licence I cant accept payment from any Tom, **** or Harry.
To give you another perspective ....
The CAA is there to maintain a safe aviation environment, not to police the sale of photography.
In their eyes, the "crime" they are concerned about is unlicensed commercial flying - not selling a photo.
When you took the photo, you were flying safely and legally.
If you happened to sell a photo taken in the past, does that somehow make the flight you did last month illegal?
If you are lucky enough to be offered a few pounds for a photo in your collection and you would like to make the sale, there's no sense in declining the offer.
Selling or not selling a photo that you took completely legally in the past won't have any effect on aviation safety.

To give you another perspective ....
The CAA is there to maintain a safe aviation environment, not to police the sale of photography.
In their eyes, the "crime" they are concerned about is unlicensed commercial flying - not selling a photo.
When you took the photo, you were flying safely and legally.
If you happened to sell a photo taken in the past, does that somehow make the flight you did last month illegal?
If you are lucky enough to be offered a few pounds for a photo in your collection and you would like to make the sale, there's no sense in declining the offer.
Selling or not selling a photo that you took completely legally in the past won't have any effect on aviation safety.

I would agree with these comments as a general principle, provided you are flying legally. However, If you look at the video in the OP's first post on this site, he is contravening CAA regulations by flying over built up areas, and he was advised of this at the time......His latest post would seem to suggest that he is one of the happy band who are exempt from the CAA regs!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers